Howto use Rogaine

ryangern

Reaction score
I just started on my regimen and im gonna use minoxidil and see how that works i dont liek the bottle it came in i prefer sprays this one sucks anyone know where to get a good cheap 5% minoxidil from in a spray or easy access container???

Also when i apply it and rub it into my scalp i ge ta few hairs from my hairline on my fingers?? they are very weak is this going ot make my hairline recede even more or is this because those hairs are already dead and they owuld fall out anyways and thats the way i have to put it on??

Also the minoxidil i have is expired for some reason is expired minoxidil completely useless or could it sitll be used but it just might not be as potent... thanks again guys im feeling alot better being part of these discussions.

The Gardener

Reaction score
1) Rogaine does not come with a sprayer applicator. However, Dr. Lee's minoxidil does, along with a dropper (he sends me both, as if to say, 'hey Gardener, it's your choice which applicator to use!'). So, you might consider buying one bottle of his, and after using it up, fill the empty Dr Lee's container with your store-bought Rogaine and continue the spraying.

1A) From my experience, 'spraying' on minoxidil really sucks. It leaves the minoxidil all over my hair, which, through process of elimination, means that the active ingredient deposited on my hair is being deposited there in lieu of it actually being deposited on my scalp, which is where I really need it being a balding man and such. I think the sprayer might be good for folks who have a literal bald patch, but I would not recommend it for use in areas that are thinning, but still have existing vegetation.

2) Don't worry about the hairs on your fingers. Just ignore them. If you are still worried, click on this word highlighted in blue => shed, and relax.

3) If the minoxidil is expired, and you bought it recently from a reputable pharmacy/chemist then attempt to bring it back and point out to the storekeeper that he sold you some old sh*t, and you want some sh*t that hasn't expired. If not, then I would not trust it. The first two years of minoxidil application are so critical, you cannot afford a wasted month due to ineffective minoxidil due to spoilage.