Huge claims being made by Nu hair

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
This may have been discussed before in the past, but 1. the search function isn't working for me right now....and 2. I didn't see anything by skimming the threads.

Now, on to the product. I was at Wal Greens today and came across Nu hair products (which I believe I've seen mentioned here before...). Anyways, I checked the product out - which makes you take 2 tablets per day. Looking at their ingredients, I found that it contains

Saw Palmetto (Standardized extract 85% - 95% phytosterols and fatty acids) 320 mg
He Shou Wu Standardized 12:1 extract 450 mg
He Shou Wu Root Powder 870 mg
Isoflavones - Derived from soy and kudzo 30mg
Silica 40 mg
Folic Acid 800 mcg
Biotin 1400 mcg
Iodine (from kelp) 150 mcg
Zinc 15 mg
Pantothenic Acid 300 mg
Bioperine Black and pepper extract 5 mg

Looking these ingredients, it looks like they have basically included most of the herbal supplements we are familiar with.

Now what really intrigued me is visiting their site : http://www.nuhair-hair-loss-balding-tre ... index.html

They have all the information about what causes hair loss correct, that is DHT causes hair loss. Now the bold claims they make is that their products work much better than Propecia or Rogaine. In fact, they claim that:

" The success rate of Nu Hair Anti-Thinning and Hair Loss Treatment
is 94.5% compared to Rogaine of 83% and a 72% success rate for Propecia"

....they also like to stress the flaws of rogaine (messy, ineffective, baby hairs) and Propecia (side affects). If you read their site, you will also find many supposed testimonials attributing hair growth success to this product.

Also interesting to me was that they claim that you only have to take their product for 3-6 months (in most cases) and the progress you make will be permanent.

Anyways, I found this interesting and wanted to some discussion on this. The prices I saw at Walgreens (including an extra strength version) were quite a bit cheaper than the prices listed on this website. I'd recommend you to check out their site, so you can examine yourself what they are claiming. There's also an "as seen on NBC Dateline" graphic.

Anyone think there is any harm in trying this product for the given time frame (which I don't find long at all)?

Another website here: http://www.advanced-hair-loss-centre.com/index.htm

G

its bullshit. bullshit bullshit bullshit. don't waste your money.

here i have a new product i want to sell you. and it has a 100% success rate. it's called JayMan's acid and you rub it over your balding areas and you grow hair like a chia pet.

Interested?

:roll: lol

most product sites like this will tell the truth about DHT but what they aren't telling the truth about is claiming that their product will inhibit DHT.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
its bullshit. bullshit bullshit bullshit. don't waste your money.

:lol:

Btw, here's the science behind their product (for a liquid drop version).....

Herbal Blend Hair Complex: Free radical inhibitor; strengthens thinning hair-improves skin metabolism.

Retinyl palmitate: scientifically patented to stimulate follicular embryotic activity.

Saw Palmetto: inhibits conversion of testosterone to DHT.

Biotin: B vitamin that extends the hair growth phase.

Panthenol: Strengthens and moisturizes the hair shaft.

Tocopherol: Acetate: antioxidant; protects new growth.

Trichopeptide: Helps hair develop at the cellular level.

He Shou Wu: Chinese hair restoring herb.

Jojoba Oil: Adds lustre, strength and moisturizes hair.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I second jayman. This is BS. I used it for months

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of the those ingredients are also in Shen Min. I used it for 3 months , good hair vitamin but no hair growth.

CCS

Reaction score
"good hair vitamin"? topical vitamins don't do anything for your hair, so they can't be good. As expensive as min shin shampoo is, it better make your hair look shiny clean.

there is no science behind nu hair. that is not science. Those are just false claims. just because they put the word DHT in their claim does not mean there is any science.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
"good hair vitamin"? topical vitamins don't do anything for your hair, so they can't be good. As expensive as min shin shampoo is, it better make your hair look shiny clean.

there is no science behind nu hair. that is not science. Those are just false claims. just because they put the word DHT in their claim does not mean there is any science.

I didnt say anything about a topical vitamin. Im talking about the pill form.

G

these companies should be sued by the federal government for deceptive advertising and fraud. injunctions should be brought.

G

these companies should be sued by the federal government for deceptive advertising and fined.

they're preying on the fear and desperation of balding people and selling them snake oil. it's disgusting.

abcdefg

Reaction score
They can claim almost anything they want as long as they avoid certain key words that would allow the FDA to regulate them. They are clearly lying, and there are no good scientific studies on people proving that any of those supplements actually do anything.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
yet another attempt at trying to screw the desperate balding man...........