Hydroh's Story

Hydroh

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just here introducing myself and telling you my AU story. It all started in 04, my wife noticed a half dollar size patch on the back of my head. At first, I thought she was busting my chops since I was sooooooo into my hair but nope...she wasn't. I went to the derm and he said I had Alopecia, now at this point I had no idea what it was and was bugging out a little. He did tell me it could spread but I didn't think much of it. Lucky me it did. It then started with my face and moved it's way up. I ended up shaving my head in the summer of 04 and when I did I noticed a bunch more spots and since my hair was longer than normal I never noticed. Now I'll fast forward to present day.

I go every 4 weeks for cortisone shots where my eyebrows used to be with minimal results. I was on cyclosporine (can't spell it) which did help me greatly with my eyebrows but since that's not a drug to be on long term they took me off and I lost what I gained.

Sorry to sound long winded :whistle:

On a funny note, when I meet someone for the first time since I got Alopecia they may joke about me being a bald and I just tell them I'm because of chemo...I know I know not something to joke about but I just can't resist to see their expression on their face lol

columbo

Reaction score
Hey Man

glad to have you around

I know you say telling people you have chemo isn't very nice but neither is the fact that they take the piss about you being bald.

It really annoys me when people laugh and joke about people losing their hair because they have no clue as to what the cause is. It could be something really serious like you say.

Anyway, rant over.

Welcome to the forum :)

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
«It really annoys me when people laugh and joke about people losing their hair because they have no clue as to what the cause is.»

Absolutely. Hair loss is no joke.