Hysen's story ( with pics) - 20 years and thinning

hysenhoti

Reaction score
Well, hello guys :)

It's the typical story - 19 years old and the hair starting to thin and fall out. Side effect: panic, despair. Used a whole night on the net, and luckily found this forum.

One year later I sit here 20 years old, thinner hair, and doing something against it!

Enough of the talkin. Let the pictures talk:

HPIM0957.jpg

HPIM0958.jpg

The hair loss from my perspective is worst in the frontal area at the forehead.

The 25th. August this year I started on 1,25 mg finasteride.
The 4th September (last week) I began with 2 % Nizoral.

I been thinking about minoxidil, but don't if it's necessary in my case, hope ya could give me some advice.
I have a ton of questions, but gonna wait with that. I will update with the pics after 3 months, 6 months and so on.

Not expecting miracles, and have a lot of patience. So let's see how this turn out, I'm really excited :)

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nizoral does help... known to block local dht...

my scalp condition has improved a lot since i started using nizoral...

good luck

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Strange how in the first photo it doesn't even look like it's thinning but the overhead shot shows otherwise. Your hairline is perfect so I think the nizoral in finasteride should be fine. Just need to wait it out and see.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
When I say Jump on finasteride. I mean JUMP on finasteride. If you see broken tablets in the street pick em' up and eat em'. For now it's the only way you're going to save your hair. Might think about minoxidil too. I wouldn't wait a year to see if the finasteride works and then make the decision about minoxidil. You're better off sticking with the proven treatments at the same time for now.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry just saw the part of your post where it said you were already on finasteride. Nevermind then.