I always thought my hairline was invincible.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I never thought my hairline would recede. I always considered myself a general thinner with no focus on the hairline. Well, that has changed. I have finally realized that yes, my hairline is receding a bit. Not the front, but the sides. It's not noticeable unless I pull my hair tight, but sure enough, it's receding. This sucks. Now I know I'm fucked.

vwsimple

Reaction score
it must be really demoralizing for people with significant hairloss to read these type of posts.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
vwsimple said:
it must be really demoralizing for people with significant hairloss to read these type of posts.

I don't care. Know why? Because if and when I have significant hairloss, the fight is over, and the razor blade comes out. At that point, I won't give a f***. People that are trying to save their hair, and are very balding, are only prolonging their suffering.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the hairline. 10-12 years ago, I thought my only worry would be in the back. Then, after dying my hair twice, I shed alotta frontal hairs, then I realized the problem could be lots worse than just in back.

Luckinly I've held on to the hair pretty good over the last 10yrs. But yeah, I didn't realize then that frontal loss was much more painful than the back.

When I was a teen, I remember a guy I knew saying "man, if I go bald, I'm gonna grow my hair long and keep it in a pony-tail", to hide the baldspot doncha know. Back then, I think most teens think the hairline will remain robusto. They learns different later.

Regardless,
Fight On, Hair Warriors!

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
No, not the razor blade! Don't kill yourself, it's not worth dying over! :wink:

I got the genetic short end of the stick. Before my hair loss kicked in I believed in the myth that baldness skipped a generation, and boy was I happy. So far in my family it had skipped a generation, because my Great Grandfather was bald, Grandfather had a full head of hair till he died, and my dad is bald. I was sitting pretty, or so I thought.