I am 16 facing excessive hairloss.

Aphrodite'97

Reaction score
I'm a 16 year old girl.
I went through something traumatic in the summer and was really depressed.
And because of that six weeks later my hair started falling out excessively. I dismissed it as normal hairfall but soon I started realising something was wrong. I had thick beautiful hair and now they have thinned out. I don't have any bald spots because the hair fell out from all around the scalp so no specific spot. Even though the top of my head faced most of the hair loss.
I got worried, and started extensive research. I started a healthy diet, with lots of protien, iron, zinc, etc. I oiled my hair with almond, olive, coconut oil and honey. I massage my scalp whenever my hands are free to encourage blood circulation, I massage my head with oil before sleeping and wash it in the morning. And I started drinking green tea. Even ate peanut butter, it contains nuts.
I washed my hair this morning and I only lost a 4/5 hair strands. Which is a great improvement cause I used to lose clumps. Have I done it? It's been actually been 2 days since ive started. Please pray for my success. I dont believe any young teenage girl should have to go through something like this. It's horrible and depressing and I only I manage to get better. I'm willing to wait for the fallen hairs to grow back om my scalp and let me feel beautiful again. Because i honestly want to hide at home and never see people again.
Does anyone have any advice how to make the process of regrowrh faster even though ive searched all over the internet...?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can understand how depressing it feels seeing your hair getting thinned at such a young age. You should see a dermatologist and get your iron levels checked and ask your derm. to diagnose if it's a heredity related hair loss aka FPB. Many women are successfully using this drug 'Spironolactone' to treat FPB. As you'r only 16 and still have most of your hair, you must get your hair loss diagnosed as soon as possible.

A healthy diet might not help unless you have malnutrition but you can try GNC multivitamins. If you live in LHR then you can get this from their store at MM Alam.