I am an Idiot - Help!!!!!

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I joined this board about two weeks ago, and have been diligently reading all the messages. I ordered fincar about four days ago, and it should be here within the next ten days.

Here's where I was stupid. I have some old 5% minoxidil from about four years ago. The bottle was open. I figured, let me get a head start, at least on my temple/hairline area, because the fincar might not help with that.

Yes, I should have not done that, as then I wouldn't know what effect the fincar was having, but I figured that since it probably won't help with my hairline, why not start the Rogaine now?

So after only about five days of putting it on, just once a day before I sleep, the Rogaine has totally erased the fine hairs that we're on my temples, near my brain veins, so to speak. They were receding anyway, but now they're gone. So should I expect them to come back with further use? I've read that fincar does this to people, too, even if it helps with the top of the head, but whatever. If I stop the minoxidil. i don't know if the temple hair will come back to it's formerly half-assed state. Or if I stay on it, it might come back better. Don't know what to do?

G

Who knows if it will grow back. Does rogaine go off after a number of months? Maybe someone esle can answer this question.

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not so much that, it's also this...based on your guys' experience, should I wait to start my Fincar until after the holidays?

Assuming it gets here by Oct. 1, and I start taking it, I don't want to shed all my hair around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Which is when it would be happening, correct, 0-3 months?

Because after that, I don't really need to see anyone for awhile, as I'll be abroad. Right now I'm at that stage where most people don't think I'm going bald at all, but I know I am. So it's still early. But the fine temple hair that I had is gone completely now. Or perhaps I should keeping using the 5% minoxidil. (or even 2%) through Christmas, and *then* start the Fincar...as perhaps there would be less loss that way?

Can anyone offer advice?

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would get on it as soon as I could get my hands on it. The sooner you start the more hair you have to keep.

It's not even curtain you'll experience a shed anyway - most people don't shed on finasteride at all. I did - but on the other hand I was also feeling alot better knowing I was actually doing something about my male pattern baldness. I would think it would be good to be feeling better mentally on christmas etc.

Your call.

G

It is common to NOT shed, I didn't shed, you may not shed, even if you do it may be unoticeable or so slight as not to bother you, you certainly are not going to loose (©T&H 2004) 'all' you hair by christmas.

Take the Pill
pill.gif

:freaked2:
pill.gif
:freaked:

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. It's just that having read all the stuff on here, I do know that shedding is normal, but I didn't know that most guys don't shed at all, or it's mid. It's just that in the five days I've been on minoxidil, I've lost all those sort of baby hairs in the temple area. And perhaps some in the forefront in general. Perhaps this also means that that hair might be replaced by December if I stay on it.

I just worry that if I start Fincar, it'll look terrible. I know that the sooner I start, the better in the long run, but I'm just worried about looking worse than when I started, because right now, I'm still a full 7-10 yrs. before being bald, and I wouldn't want to advance that light years ahead.

Also, I was on Strattera, and anti-depressant/ADD drug, and I totally had weak erections with half-assed climaxes while I was on it, so I worry I'll be one of the guys with side effects. The fact that the guy my age still has them after being off it is terrible. Granted, I'd rather keep my hair and use v**** forever (as long as the climaxes were good.)

I'm still a little unsure what to do -- stay on minoxidil through christmas and then add fincar, or just jump right in...are you guys sure than most people don't experience a noticeable shed with both minoxidil and fincar?

thanks.

G

Harey

People are more likely to post here with a problem they are looking for answers to, rather than:

I have been using proscar for a year now and I still haven't had a decent shed, what do you think the problem could be?, should I try paint remover?

thanks

It has been noted before that there is definately a bias towards 'doom' on most hairloss boards.

:freaked: