I am losing the battle.... any advice would be appreciated..

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, diffuse thinner here....

Been on here for awhile now and I think this board is great for discussing our problems together.

I was on propecia until around September 2006 after a fair stint on it. It was probably working but I really dont wanna go near it ever again. I think I had the onset of gyno and I also do not trust its affect on sperm abnormalities.

Minoxidil
Anywho, I have taken minoxidil for a long time now right from the start (kirkland minoxidil). I have only just changed away form kirkland minoxidil due to how greasy it is. I have put it on twice a day almost everyday since I began to use it. Along with this over the past several months I have started using spironolactone 5% cream.

spironolactone
Despite its smell, I beleive it is the only hope really other than propecia as I want to go the topical route. Ever since I started using any medication atall for my hair, my hair falls out in large amounts daily in the bath/shower. It seems a constant large amount of hairs, so many that I don't understand how I still have hairs on my head! When atall wet my hair looks very very noticeable. Also under any kind of light it looks equally as bad.

I use spironolactone only once a day due to its smell. I am really not sure whether I am getting the cream spironolactone to my head sufficiently, what method do you guys use? I also dont know whether I am maybe rubbing in my minoxidil when I do not need to?

Apart from the medication I am using and pills, are there any other options available to me? Does anyone have links to spironolactone studies that show it works?

Thank you for reading guys, it is much appreciated.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
apple poly
caffeine
LCD (coal tar extract)
copper peptides
ketoconazole
methol
curcumin

damn thats a lot of stuff

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can anyone relate to what im going thru with dropping Propecia.?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ANDREW_J_I said:
can anyone relate to what im going thru with dropping Propecia.?

most people who drop Propecia just gave up on their hair.