I am new. If anyone has the time to check my situation? Thks

Jaydigs1122

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am a new member here and I am glad to be apart of this site.

I am in the very early stages of lossing my hair. Withen the last year my hair has started getting extremly thin and is now falling out. When the hair is coming out the end of the hair is white and very thin. When my hair is wet you can see straight into my scalp. I am 26 years old and have some history on my mothers side of hairloss.

My attack course after reading some of the threads.

I am starting Minoxidil 5% today.

My question is : I have read the instructions and it says that minoxidil does not work for the front of the hairline nor does it work for a widow's peak. Those are the places I am experiencing the har loss. It is very thin in the front of my head. i have seen others that have said MIN 5% has worked in those area's. Does anyone have experience in this?

I am starting Propecia in 2 weeks.

What should I expect?

I am using Naz. 1% shampoo / T Gel ( everyother day )

Is this enough to better my chances of hair regrowth?

I am also on HRT. I am injected with artificial Testosterone once every 2 weeks. Are all of these treatments safe with what am doing in regards of the HRT?

Thanks for the time. It is appreciated.

Jay

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

You need to consult with your doctor to see if Propecia will interfere with your HRT, as it will definitely affect your hormones.

Maybe the extra androgens from HRT are the cause of the loss...

As for Minoxidil, it works everywhere. They say it only works on the crown because this is where it was tested in the trials.

G

From Propecia you can expect maintenance of your current status. minoxidil might(!!!) thicken up your hair and yes, it works everywhere.

In general your expectations shouldn´t be too high, maintenance should be the aim, regrowth is a bonus.

Good Luck, Jay