I am really scared that I would go bald at this young age.

blueberrytree

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Blueberrytree and I have always loved my hair, I have had long-ish hair for a few years now, and I like the lenghth and curls it has.
My father and his father are pretty bald, my grandfather had no hair at all on top of his head, but on the sides he had, my father has these huge ''micky mouse''-shaped.. shapes? on his forehead that push his hairline in a mickymouseears-pattern. My mothers side never had any bald men, they all had thick hair with nice volyme.

I am turning only 18 next month, but I have noticed during the past few weeks a significant hairloss, everytime I go to the shower and if I 'comb' my hair with my fingers, it looks pretty much like this:
hiuksetlahtee.jpg

I wash my hair maybe every three days with the Elvital Total Repair 5 shampoo + conditioner.

At start I didn't really pay any attention to it, but today I noticed that my formerly really thick hair is thin, if I pull the hair on my forehead upwards, I can clearly see ''through'' the hair and see my scalp as somewhat maybe seen here
20111125161757.jpg
aaand here
20111125161938.jpg

Also a big concern is that my hairline is also pulling back, altho I really can't recall how it is supposed to look like anyways, but this is what my looks like
20111125161821.jpg

20111125161922.jpg

20111125161523.jpg

These pictures may be a bit lying, as the light reflects to my hair that I would have 100% bald spots, but actually these spots consist of hair, but that hair is white-ish so it's not seen:
20111125161902.jpg

20111125161556.jpg

I am really concerned as my hair is really big part of me, am I just paranoid, or is there something going on? Any good treatment tips? I was thinking about starting to eat Finasterid-pills or something, any help please?

Thanks in advance,
Me.

PS. Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Please go see a doctor, finasteride is nothing to just start at your age. What you lose does not look normal to me, but it could be sth else than male pattern baldness. On herebthere are no doctors but it is important that you speak to one before listening to advice from some 20 year olds...

Good luck!

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above poster, go and speak to a doctor.

You still have great hair so don't freak out too much yet. In the mean time start using Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week. It's cheap and easily obtainable.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, this is exactly how my hairloss started although I didn't realize it at the time 'cause I still had a virtually full head of hair. It's a long process but I suggest you do something about it now.