I am waiting for regrowth.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am in month 9 of minoxidil and in month 7of propecia. My male pattern baldness situation had been improving sice I started big 3. Around the Christmas time I was so excited about great results. MY friends and parents too.

However at that time huge shedding started and after two months I am at the same situation as before treatment. The shedding still continues.People have also noticed that my male pattern baldness stiation got worster.

I think there are two possibilities: 1) treatment does not work for me in a way I need.

2)I am so rapidly shedding because my follicules are preparing for producing better hair fibre.

I beleave in the second possibility and will wait at least to 1year of treatment, then I decide what to add to my mix.

I know that shedding is normal thing even by the people with healthy hair but is there somebody in similar situation as me?

How long does it usually take till follicules produce new healthier hair?

Thank you!

Led

G

I bet HairLossTalk.com knows the answer to this. Bump.

I believe the a hair cycle is 3 to 5 months, but I don't know how that ties into your question.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Sheds come and go every 3-5 months during treatment. Its normal. I had one at beginning, month 8, a really bad one at month 11, and again month 15... they tend to decrease in severity over time.

Ride it out.

Don't get concerned until you've been shedding for a full 3 months.

HairLossTalk.com

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,
When you had your sheds, did you just notice more hair in the sink, or did your hair appear to be less/thinner when you looked in the mirror? Or was it both? Thanks. :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
I don't personally use finasteride, so I am just quoting my personal observations of anecdotal evidence here, but it definitely does seem like I hear a lot of people getting their finasteride sheds around approx month 8 or so.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairless Potter said:
HairLossTalk.com,
When you had your sheds, did you just notice more hair in the sink, or did your hair appear to be less/thinner when you looked in the mirror? Or was it both? Thanks. :)

I could not say that the hair has thinned, far from it the hair which left on my head seem to be thicker than before treatment. The problem is the amount of hair on my head.

I do not count fallen hair in the sink or on pillow. It would be a very hard job to count them all :(

However I beleave in better future, thanks for support, guys. :lol:

Led

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just found HairLossTalk.com has been asked not me but nevermind :hairy:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Ledvoush, stick with it, bud. Hang in there.

Sheds happen, especially around that time frame when using finasteride. Remember, give it a year before making any judgements on improvement. I know from your previous posts that despite the slow improvement in real cosmetic appearance your hair was definitely responding to the chemical, at least. Give it time, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Take care

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Ledvoush, stick with it, bud. Hang in there.

Sheds happen, especially around that time frame when using finasteride. Remember, give it a year before making any judgements on improvement. I know from your previous posts that despite the slow improvement in real cosmetic appearance your hair was definitely responding to the chemical, at least. Give it time, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Take care

You are right man, we have to be patient. It is not a such problem for me to wait few months (hope not years) late as I have been bald since my 20, I am 27 now.

Well, my improvement was real as even my doctor recognised it and was very excited in December 03. I was responding very well to the treatment
and that means that I have got fair chance to see improvement in the future. That is fine.

I only thought according to tempo of my improvement that in this spring and summer could come accetable cosmestic effect. I hate to be shaved and also hate to wear my cap.

Gardener, thank you for paying attention to my problem, I will check your posts to see what your situation is.

Led