I dont know about Dr.Lees minoxidil anymore **PICS**

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive been on minoxidil for 10 months on this 1 specific spot. I started out with kirklands 5% minoxidil and it work great. Then I started getting irritation, mind u I was only using it 1x a day as well. Then I heard about Dr.Lees 5 % minoxidil and ordered it. I started on it 3 1/2 months ago and it gave me no irratation, so I upped the doage to 2x a day and started putting it all over my head. Ive also been on propecia for 10 months. Now that one spot where the regrowth was very obvious with the kirkland minoxidil is almost back to baseline, wtf!!?? Does this mean that Dr.Lees minoxidil isnt working for me all over my head either? Should I go back to the Kirkland minoxidil?? I dont know wut to do. Sorry about the pic sizes.

Comparison Pic (hair is the same length)
righttemplecomparison.jpg

b4 any minoxidil (baseline)

b4minox.jpg

5 months kirkland minoxidil 1x a day

5monthrighttemple.jpg

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It does look like you have had some miniturization there. Just for the record, you do know that minoxidil is not touted for use on the hairline, correct?

However, if you were getting good results with Kirkland why did you stop? Kirkland is usually one hell of a lot cheaper than any other. Why not just go back?

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Social Drinker-- he said that he was getting irritation with the Kirkland minoxidil and that is why he made the switch.

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, everyone is missing the point. Isnt it kinda strange that on 5% kirkland minoxidil 1x a day I had thickening and regrowth and on Dr.Lees 5% minoxidil 2x a day the results are fading. How is this possible if both of the minoxidil concentrations are the same? How this possible if i upped the dosage as well? Doesnt this concern anybody using Dr.Lees stuff??

yuppy75

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly your hair just looks longer and the lighting a bit different in them bottom pictures

your skin looks darker too, lol

G

under20 said:
ok, everyone is missing the point. Isnt it kinda strange that on 5% kirkland minoxidil 1x a day I had thickening and regrowth and on Dr.Lees 5% minoxidil 2x a day the results are fading.

Under20, I suggest you switch back to Kirkland once a day if you feel this works better for you.

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
im depressed to report my hair is getting worse and falling even closer to baseline. The shitty thing is, last month was the first month I was satisfied with my hair in the last 4 years. I was estatic and then all of a sudden its taken away from me, just like that. I cant believe this sh*t. I contacted Dr.Lee about this and this was his reply:

It's much more likely that the hair loss at your temples has accelerated because it was genetically programed to do so at this time rather than have any relationship to the type of minoxidil solution that you are using. I'm assuming that both temporal areas are showing similar recession.

The combination of topical minoxidil and agents to decrease the DHT in the scalp is the most effective treatment currently available to treat male pattern baldness. Still, there will be ~17% of patients who will have progression of their male pattern baldness despite treatment. The topical minoxidil and finasteride are decreasing the rate of progression of male pattern baldness, but it cannot always prevent or reverse it.

Ive been on propecia and minoxidil for 10 months and this is the first time my hair has looked like this. Could this be a shed? Has anybody had a shed on minoxidil in there 10th month?? I feel hopeless now, im destined to be a Norwood 7 like my dad.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Under20: I have never seen anyone do such a specific comparison of Lee's vs. others.

I have used Lee's as well. I also had the irritation problems with Equate (Walmart) Minoxidil with PPG.

I do see a difference there.

If you feel more comfortable to not use Lee's, and save money long term, I see two options:

a) Consider going to 2% Mnoxidil, generic stuff. It dries faster, and probably will not irritate your skin as much as 5%. Also, From what I have read, there isn't a substantial difference in hair growth with the 5% over 2%.

B) Use the 5% generic and use something like Folligen to keep your scalp free from irritation and healthy. I use folligen sometimes, but don't really like it at times because it gives a blue tint to my scalp. it does make it feel nice though.