I dont know what to do!

dave88

Reaction score
I have been on proscar cut into 1/4's for 9 months now. the first 3-4 months everything was status quo. The past 5-6 has been a steady decline in my hairs health. I havnt noticed any ridiculous sheds, like some of the other horror stories i've heard on here. I have noticed a constant light shed that hasnt seemed to stop since the 4 month mark. I am a diffuse thinner, which i didnt realize until my derm told me. Now the hair at the vertext is sparce and thin, the hair at the front is becoming embarrisingly thin. It's getting harder and harder to style my hair so i feel good when I leave my apartment. Basically my question is i know you're supposed to wait the full year before you freak out about the effects or benifits of finasteride, but I'm worried that at this rate i'll be a nw7 within a couple years. Should i go off?? should i ask my derm to do some bloodwork?? Should i try giving minoxidil a shot?? and if so which brand a dosage would you recommend?? I'm almost crying everytime I get out of the shower, I just need any help or suggestions you have to offer. Thanks

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair loss is a b**ch aint it?

i don't think anyone can give you an answer here. everyone reacts differently to finasteride. the "official" stats are that 75-80% of users maintain or have fair/moderate regrowth. i guess that makes the other 20% non-responders. it's also impossible to tell whether the hair loss you are noticing is a shed or continuation of natural loss.

i've been on it for 1 month and my hair is by far the worst it's ever been. i'm going to ride the finasteride train for at least a year, and if i drop an entire norwood or two i'm going to try dutasteride/minoxidil for one final hurrah. failing that i will shave and take steroids! :whistle: