I don't know =(

ossyna

Reaction score
hi guys , how are you all ?!

Im facing a problem & i don't know what to do !

i am a girl.... it started a month ago maybe ! my hair is falling !

about 30-40 hairs daily !

could it be the season ? !

i would also like to refer that i took acyclovir for 2 months non-stop !
i stoped 2 weeks ago !

what do you think?

TheShedder

Reaction score
Okay, so here's what I can tell you just based on my experience... Judging by when you started taking the acyclovir and when your hair started falling out it is certainly a possibility that it could be related to the acyclovir. From just a quick glance, it does list hair loss as a possible side effect of the medication. I can tell you that medication can certainly thin your hair out. I'm a 27 year old male who was on Ritalin for ADD and thyroid medications which caused diffuse hair thinning without permanent hair loss. However, it did take me getting off the medication or switching medications and plenty of time before the lost hair grew back (about 8-10 months)... A couple of other things to consider... Are you concerned that you're losing your hair because you can see visible thinning or just because you're losing 30-40 hairs a day? In all actuality, 30-40 hairs a day lost is not uncommon, most people lose more than that daily who aren't losing their hair... Finally, being a female, it might be worth your while to check and see if a possible hormone imbalance may be causing your hair to thin. Hair loss due to hormonal imbalances are much more common in women than in men... Just some things to consider, best of luck...

ossyna

Reaction score
thank you dear for your reply =)
well, im only feeling that my hair is thinner than it was before !
i never had a lot of hair anyways ! i always had thin hair !

could it be stress also ?

my wedding is after 3 weeks ! do u think its also related ?

TheShedder

Reaction score
It's hard to say really... As I said it could be any number of things... It may be best to try a process of elimination. Maybe get hormone level checked, if that doesn't give you any answers maybe express your concerns to your doctor and see if there is another medication other than the acyclovir that you could try. If you already stopped the acyclovir and that was the cause it's going to take some time to see some results. As for Hair loss due to stress (maybe others on this site could answer this better), when I went to a dermatologist when my hair was thinning, she told me that it usually takes a an intense bout of stress (i.e. severe illness, death in the family) to cause really noticeable acute hair loss from stress. I'm not you so I can't tell how stressed you are so these are things you may want to look at.