i feel worse in the mornings after NOT drinking

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
right, i drink alot, more then i should. and its not like every day, all the time, but a good few times a week, and i get smashed whenever i go out.

last time i had a drink was saturday night, so ive been sober since, however i feel SO much worse in the mornings after not drinking the night before. its been 4 nights and every morning i feel worse then the morning before.

i normally wake up, get out of bed, have a glass of water, shower etc then off to work. and im normally up by about 7:30 ish, but now, i cant get out of bed and dont wake up till half 8, i feel so 'groggy' as if id been gettin hevily stoned the night before, my eyes are really heavy and i cant bring myself to get out of bed, once i finally do everything is so much more effort and im not really 'awake' untill about half 9, 10am and even then im shattered.

whats the deal with that? is my body burning away all the toxins left by the alcohol while i sleep (while it has the chance, as these toxins arent being constantly replenished), so i have no energy when i wake up? psycological? or something else?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Your body is used to absorbing all that alcohol and it takes time to adjust. I'd do a search for alcohol withdraw and see if the symptoms are similar with what you're experiencing.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If by "drinking" you mean this :

heroin_gallery_10.jpg

then sure, these sides are perfectly normal.

(seriously tho, google is your friend, i bet there is a forum or something that explains this... best of luck rehabilitating Kurt ;) )

The Gardener

Reaction score
karlg said:
last time i had a drink was saturday night, so ive been sober since
Well why did you do that? Dude, you need to get back on the sauce and start getting some quality shut eye again.

cuebald

Reaction score
I get a similar thing, and I don't really drink much, it's weird.
I always have trouble waking and always feel groggy for an hour after I wake up,
I have a drink usually once every two weeks, and I'll have about 3 pints, and the morning after I wake up earlier than normal and I feel a lot better too. If I did this every day I bet it would quickly wear off. If I have more than 3 pints/get drunk, then I get a massive hangover and spend the next day in bed. Only 1 pint has no effect either way.

I pretty much hate getting drunk now as my feelings are amplified - that is I feel like utter sh*t about my baldness and I look at my very handsome, beautiful friend and feel massive loathing and jealousy about him, and it shows in how bitter I become.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
cuebald said:
I get a similar thing, and I don't really drink much, it's weird.
I always have trouble waking and always feel groggy for an hour after I wake up,
I have a drink usually once every two weeks, and I'll have about 3 pints, and the morning after I wake up earlier than normal and I feel a lot better too. If I did this every day I bet it would quickly wear off. If I have more than 3 pints/get drunk, then I get a massive hangover and spend the next day in bed. Only 1 pint has no effect either way.

I pretty much hate getting drunk now as my feelings are amplified - that is I feel like utter sh*t about my baldness and I look at my very handsome, beautiful friend and feel massive loathing and jealousy about him, and it shows in how bitter I become.

Damn bro, maybe the problem is not alcohol? Good luck.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
karlg said:
right, i drink alot, more then i should. and its not like every day, all the time, but a good few times a week, and i get smashed whenever i go out.

last time i had a drink was saturday night, so ive been sober since, however i feel SO much worse in the mornings after not drinking the night before. its been 4 nights and every morning i feel worse then the morning before.

i normally wake up, get out of bed, have a glass of water, shower etc then off to work. and im normally up by about 7:30 ish, but now, i cant get out of bed and dont wake up till half 8, i feel so 'groggy' as if id been gettin hevily stoned the night before, my eyes are really heavy and i cant bring myself to get out of bed, once i finally do everything is so much more effort and im not really 'awake' untill about half 9, 10am and even then im shattered.

whats the deal with that? is my body burning away all the toxins left by the alcohol while i sleep (while it has the chance, as these toxins arent being constantly replenished), so i have no energy when i wake up? psycological? or something else?
are you Scottish?
it's normal for people north of Hadrian's wall wall :innocent:

Bekim

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
karlg said:

are you Scottish?
it's normal for people north of Hadrian's wall wall :innocent:

this likes uncle

maybes you cures likes uncle

maybes times two stop fun withs animal

maybes finds the woman

maybes alsos man

this betters thans the animal

Bekim :)

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
lol no, im from heartfordshire, but live in somerset :p i think drinking is a british thing, reading a newspaper the other day, and aparantly Going to the pub is in the top 3 of most british things to do :p