I finally told her!!

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Guys.....I did it!! I told her last night that I was lossing my hair....and guess what? She doesnt even care!!!
I explained how depressed it made me feel and she understood. One thing she said that would help me get over it is to stop smoking weed, because of proven paranoia.

Shes a Pharm D and I told her I wanted to go on finasteride, but she is totally against it!! "Hair loss is not a disease, its cosmetic"

I also ask about Propecia vs Proscar? She said procar is not good for hair loss because cutting a pill in five is an uneven dose...ask and pharm.
She also showed me her book from school..(PDR 56th Ed 2002) it has all the info about finasteride.

To make a long story short...It took me 9 months to tell my fiance about my hair loss and how it made me very depressed.
Thank God she's supportive and thinks Im out of my mind for even caring about it!

...Huge weight off my shoulder!!! dont keep it a secret...its not as bad as you think!! Thanks for reading!!

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Great news, man! I hear stories about how some girls will leave a guy over hair loss, so it's good you've found someone who understands, and is supportive.

HPOWER said:
She said procar is not good for hair loss because cutting a pill in five is an uneven dose...ask and pharm.

That's why I stick with propecia...Peace of mind, peace of mind.

G

Good for you HPOWER!

my girl laughs at me as I complain about the tiles coming off the roof, she says it makes no difference!

hopewas

Reaction score
she isn't going to care until she actually sees the hairloss becoming noticible. but if she's still around after that. you have a good girl

The Gardener

Reaction score
As long as you:

1) Listen to her and pay attention to what she says
2) Buy her stuff that she wants from time to time (again, this requires paying attention!)
and,
3) Know how to use your penis and/or tongue effectively and know when she is IN the mood, and when she is NOT in the mood

then, you will not have to worry about the hairloss. If your girlfriend is happy, she won't care about your hairloss. That's Gardener's stand.

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
she isn't going to care until she actually sees the hairloss becoming noticible. but if she's still around after that. you have a good girl

Thats ok, 10 years from now when I'm a Norwood 7 and shes 60 pounds overweight, looks I hope will be an afterthought and our relationship will conquer!!!

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
As long as you:

1) Listen to her and pay attention to what she says
2) Buy her stuff that she wants from time to time (again, this requires paying attention!)
and,
3) Know how to use your penis and/or tongue effectively and know when she is IN the mood, and when she is NOT in the mood

then, you will not have to worry about the hairloss. If your girlfriend is happy, she won't care about your hairloss. That's Gardener's stand.

Thanks for the advise...I'll do my best!!

G

First of all, congradulations HPOWER. Must feel good to get that off your shoulder.

HPOWER said:
She said procar is not good for hair loss because cutting a pill in five is an uneven dose...ask and pharm.

As for this part, I can disagree because when i consulted with my pharmacists when I got my RX to Proscar, he said cutting it into 1/4's is fine. Even my Doctor said it. As long as you are in the .8-1.25 range you should be fine. I know most of the guys on this board that have been on finasteride for over 6 months have switched to Proscar to save money. And they still have maintenance. So don't worry about that. Even the famous Diddy is on Proscar. Save $ and be happy.

BTW If you haven't seen diddy's post with pics, heres the link to the thread.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember telling my girlfriend a few years ago. She didnt care at all. Even as it has gotten worse and more visible she still doesnt care at all. She thinks that I look good with or without hair. I love this girl to death. She helps me out when I feel shitty about the whole hair loss thing.

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Badass, Those pictures are incredible!! I hope his hair stays like that! WOW!! What a responder!!
I still have to do more research before jumping on the finasteride train.

My fiance said, in general, a pill should only be cut in 1/2, because the active ingredient is not evenly distributed throughout the pill. but like Cassin said, with finasteride, that really doesnt matter.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
if she couldn't tell you were losing your hair after 9 months, your hairloss isn't obviously that noticiable. but congrads on getting over the initial bump and telling her.

G

Hair ain't the most important thing in the world. Everyone here should keep in mind that you have more to offer than a head of hair. We are more than that.

G

cassins right here, active ingridient is consistant throughout pills in mass produced dose dependant medications.

hopewas

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Hair ain't the most important thing in the world. Everyone here should keep in mind that you have more to offer than a head of hair. We are more than that.

looks matter. i don't care who you are. if you have a hot partner...and theother partner looks like sh*t lookswise and they can get someone else, they'll get someone else.