I grew a child...with Avodart.

G

I ordered generic dutasteride from Inhousepharmacy yesterday, and when this bottle of Propecia runs out--it'll mark the 11th month of my using it (and getting no results)--I'm going to try it for 3-6 months. Should I wait for a week or something before I start? Or just dive right in as soon as I'm done with Propecia? Thanks, y'all.

ropcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Alopecia-Nate. Sorry to hear your finasteride isn't working. (Are you still losing, or just experiencing no regrowth?)

Are you sure you ordered GENERIC dutasteride? I just checked out the InHousePharmacy.com website, and it says:

Our Avodart® is the original brand-name Avodart® 0.5mg from GlaxoSmithKline in the United States and is not a generic or international formulation.

Damn. 145 USD per thirty pills. Cheaper than a lot of other places, but still a bankbuster for a lot of us...

G

$155 for 90 capsules, so I definitely didn't get a deal. And I bought Dutas, not Avodart--I would've bought Avodart had I been able.

Anyone have any suggestions regarding my first question?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It takes one hell of a long time for Dutasteride to build up to a substantial quantity in your body. It's half-life is also exceptionally longer than Finasteride also. That being said, it has been calculated that taking 1.5 mg per day for the first ten days verses the recommended .5 mg per day will bring the medication to a potent level so you don't have the "downtime" between the two medications. Of course, after the initial 10 day "loading period," you can decrease back down to .5 mg per day.

Hope this helps, sugar britches! :lol:

G

Yeah, I feel insane enough that I'm going to take this drug in the first place. I don't know what you mean by a long time--three months? six? longer?--but I'm just going to go with .5 and see where I'm at in 3 months. But I have heard of people doing what you're talking about.

G

Anyone know what Propecia's half-life is? Is it a bad thing if I'm on dutasteride while the finasteride is still in my system?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
This graph illustrates how Dutasteride's rate of accretion in your system, as well as its ultimate level, is dose dependent:

http://www.hairsite2.com/images/dutas_analysis.jpg

Finasteride has a half-life of approx. 5 - 6 hours. I can't see any reason to wait between finishing with Propecia and starting on dutasteride, I switched straight from one to the other with no problems.

Slarti