i guess your typical newb questions

oneflyasianguy

Reaction score
im 24 and have had thining hair especially in the back of my head, while searching i heard someone mention the "big 3" in another post. ive used minoxidil and i just ordered a 1 month supply of avacor before finding this site and reading nothing but bad things about it :( im guessing the big 3 would be a minoxidil treatment, some sort finasteride, and maybe a shampoo? can someone pm a cheap site to order stuff that has well known results? the only time my hair looks good is when its buzzed low, but i miss having hair

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, the shampoo is 2% Nizoral, which requires a prescription in the US but is routinly available from off-shore internet stores without a prescription. Tests showed that using Nizoral three times a week was about as effective as 2% minoxidil.

Since you're catching your hair loss early, you might want to start with just finasteride and Nizoral, perhaps adding a copper peptide for scalp health. The two available copper peptide products are Tricomin and Folligen, both developed by Dr. Loren Pickart. Folligen is more powerful and less expensive. These are easy to use because they dry in about 20 minutes and are not detectable once dry, as they do not leave an oily residue in your hair, unlike most minoxidil solutions.

Minoxidil is kind of a pain to use, since it should be used two times a day for a minimum of four hours each time to be effective. If finasteride works for you, you might not want the hassle of minoxidil. You have to shampoo anyway, so you might as well use Nizoral.

oneflyasianguy

Reaction score
is there a trusted website you guys use to get finasteride and nizol at a decent price? i can get the generic minoxidil for my pharmacy unless its cheaper online, it would be nice to have one trusted site to order all three and combine shipping every month, im new at this site so i dont know how they treat links so PM me with info if you want, thanks in advance

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can get both here: http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

They carry two generic finasteride brands (as low as 35 cents per pill), propecia, and proscar. They also carry 2% Nizoral.