I have a decision to make and I need your help.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I have a Strip procedure scheduled w/Dr. Feller. Recently I'd been thinking about Strip vs. FUE. Originally I was thinking FUE simply b/c of the healing time and the ease of the whole thing as compared to strip. I was kind of talked out of it due to the cost and decided to go with strip.

Within the passed few days I'd been researching and looking at pictures of strip scars and all and I've come to a conclusion. I am sure that people would notice the scar between the immediate post op period and five months due to redness and shockloss. The longest I can keep my hair is probably a 3 guard and then it starts to look odd. Bottom line is, I can't have people know about it. It just wouldn't work for me at all. I am lucky enough to be able to afford the FUE for the same number of grafts so that's not an issue.

So my question is this. If you were in my position would you opt for FUE or Strip? And if you need more info to determine please let me know. I'm not worried about the recipient area b/c all in all from what I've seen Feller does great work with both. I hate to sound like I'm whining and if I am please let me know, but I really just want to be happy with the result.

Thanks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
What is your position, how many grafts do you need?
Yes post op strip scars can be very noticible but you can use concealers to help hide them and I know if you ask Dr Feller he will make sure that the suurounding area around the donor strip is not shaved. A guy called stevo (on stophairlossnow.com) recently had a procedure done with Feller and managed to cover the scar completley with his hair at a grade 3.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I need 2000 grafts. My plan is to split it up into two 1000 graft FUE sessions and then if I need strip in the future (which hopefully I won't) then at least my hair will be a little longer b/c I won't have to cut it as short after the first two FUE sessions.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you can afford FUE easily enough (i mean not taking huge loans etc) then go for FUE.

You have to know though that even with FUE you might have some problems hiding your hair transplant.

How would you rate your hairloss in the norwood scale?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say a NW2 progressing to a NW3 with recession only. Also I have a pretty high forehead (always have) but I'm not looking to get anything done about that really.

Why would it be difficult to hide a FUE procedure? I thought those were the easiest to conceal.

s.a.f

Reaction score
FUE is easy to hide compared to strip, but my advice to anyone having a hair transplant is always get the absolute maximum amount of time off work. BTW how old are you and are you on meds?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
23 and on meds.  So far I have my father's type of hairloss which is a NW2-NW3 temple recession for now.  It's not diffuse luckily b/c if that were the case I wouldn't even consider a hair transplant for obvious reasons.  I've always had a high forehead and I'm not looking to get a lower hairline I just want my recession filled in for now.  I feel that even if the meds don't stabilize it, which I'm thinking they're in the process of doing but one can never tell for sure, I'm pretty sure my hairloss won't ever get to the point where a hair transplant isn't an option.Bottom line is I'm 23 and can't stand the idea of not having hair.  It sounds vain but we're all here for the same reason.  I'm not looking to have great hair, just enough where I don't think about it every day.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
my dad is a NW2.5-NW3, but he has THICK hair all over.

I am a NW2 but I am a diffusive thinner, finsteride thickened up my hair alot but its still far from the original density.

I think I should get my dad to see Armani and get a NW1 hairline lol