I Have A Question Please Help Me Out ...

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I hate bringing this up cause its embarrassing but I had broken up with a long time gf and haven't had any action which means resorting to..."fapping". Anyways can it really cause a raise in DHT? I don't do it often. Like Sunday I did it once and then today is that bad? Is it making it worse? I take 480 mg of saw palmetto and 2000 mgs pumpkin seed oil can this help?

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The amount of DHT produced as an end result of masturbation is minuscule. Don't worry about it.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure?

Going through puberty, and simply existing as a man will leave way more DHT in your body than masturbation could ever produce. And even then, part of balding has to do with how sensitive your actual hair follicles are to DHT. If you go bald, it is not due to your masturbation habits.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man but if you masturbate and your follicles are sensitive then can't the production of DHT from doing so cause your follicles to shrink or thin? Can you list a few things that can cause an increase in DHT please?

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, the number one production factor of DHT is simply being male. But you can add to it with intense exercise, specifically exercises that build muscle, like weight lifting. Diet adjustments too, high protein, carbohydrate, and dietary fat intake. Having a low fat to muscle ratio will also naturally produce more.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
So if I'm a thin and skinny guy does that mean I produce more DHT cause of that? Can erections or being a horn dog raise it as well?Sorry for asking a lot..

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not likely. It has more effect on someone who has low body fat, and a lot of muscle.

Your libido, and your ability to have an erection are products of testosterone and DHT. Your body is pumping out the chemical, and you are reacting to it, not the other way around.

If you're looking for a way to block hair loss by making as little DHT as possible, it's not going to work without inhibitor drugs. As a post-puberty male, you've already got plenty of it in you.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh man but lets say I get morning erections or random ones does that mean I have high testosterone levels and therefore creating more DHT? Not sure if you heard of people saying when you have an itchy scalp it is because DHT is attacking the hair follicle? There's been times like the other day where i had gotten a random eerection and my scalp was tingling I fear that the tingling is the same thing as it attacking the follicles cause it tends to happen on the side that is thinning. Do you think this could be true?