I have about 80 bucks to buy stuff, help

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
Im gonna get toppik, because it looks good on me, but i want to try some shampoo or conditioners. should i get the toppik or the courvre shampoo and conditioner. I live in a hick city about 1000 people so not much selection at the store and i dont like buying with credit card at the store so i thought i might as well try that and maybe the couvre hair thickener. what do you think.
Im also getting some Optimum Nutrition whey , time to hit the treadmill and bike this winter

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik, shampoos, and conditioner are not going to stop the process.
For that you need finasteride, and for regrowth you need minoxidil.
For itching on the scalp, get nizoral and maybe T-Gel as well.
Copper peptides are also good for that.

Buy them online if you don't want to go to the store.

That'll be $80, please.

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
then why does everyone on here use the conditioners and shampoos that are not named brand. I dont like minoxidil . ONe time i used it and with my finger nail i almost scalped myself. I will not take pills

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
ttwarrior1 said:
then why does everyone on here use the conditioners and shampoos that are not named brand.

???

ttwarrior1 said:
I dont like minoxidil . ONe time i used it and with my finger nail i almost scalped myself.
I don't like minoxidil either, but I'd prefer minoxidil than going bald. There are different formulas of Minoxidil (Dr. Lee's) which may not be as irritating.

ttwarrior1 said:
I will not take pills
You might try topical spironolactone. It's a DHT inhibitor as well.

Anyway, the bottom line is, shampoos and conditioners are a good addition to your regimen, but you need a DHT inhibitor to really get to the root of the problem.