I have yet to see an exception to this balding pattern...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The crown of my head is flat. Some guys have pointy crowns. Personally, I think they look better with the shaven look, but that's not the point of this thread.

Ever notice that guys who are thinning only at the crown, and not so much anywhere else, have flat crowns, whereas guys with pointy heads have the horseshoe pattern going on?

I wonder if there is a link. Because I have yet to see a guy with a pointy crown, who is only thinning at the crown and not in the front.

Just an observation.

G

Re: I have yet to see an exception to this balding pattern..

elguapo said:

Are you asking if it is the shape of your head that deterimines the pattern of hair loss.

It's an interesting question. It could be a paradox or something but what the f*** do I know about a paradox I ask you!

G

The shape of the head determins the area of skin which has the DHT sensitive follicles - nothing more nothing less.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm saying it's a little bit more.

I'm saying that if you pay attention, you won't see guys with pointy heads (vs. flat, "blunt" crowns) who are balding/thinning in the crown area and not in the front. I'm saying that pointy heads bald first with a receeding hairline, and then follow with balding crown well after the hairline has receded quite a bit.

Now that I mentioned it, check for yourself. You may or may not find that you agree.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
I might be tempted to think that the coneheads (of which I am one) have the skin being stretched tighter on the top. The scalp is very thin there.

Didn't someone once notice the link with tight scalps?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree that the "coneheads" should have a tighter scalp in the crown area. This would imply a LESS suitable hair growth area in the crown, but I am saying that "coneheads" seem to NOT lose their hair in the crown area, but rather start with the receding hair line.

Doesn't make sense to me.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone had to post this...
conejc2.jpg