I just witnessed another bosley crime

CCS

Reaction score
I was at a party last night, and someone showed me his hair transplant. He said he got it at bosley. They guy is 23, NW5, and never has had any hair loss treatments before. They just gave him a propecia sample after his transplant, which he will start taking soon.

His hair is very thin everywhere. I can see his scalp just fine when the hair is 1 inch long, in his thickest area. Bosley gave him 1400 frontal grafts, giving him a NW2. They left the back open, since he did not pay enough to fill that in. Judging from the scabs, I'd say he got 15-20 grafts per square centimeter. He is really excited, but had no idea that the pain meds actually reduce bleading/swelling, and that he needs to keep his head back to keep tension off the incision. He paid $6 per graft for the 1400 graft strip procedure.

Typical bosley transplant. Even though the temples were oddly shaped, they did not put any grafts in them. They only touched the top hairline.

And the guy thought my 30% density looks thick and normal. I told him he just thinks that because he is a NW5 and would love to have any extra hair he can get. I told him to just give it time, and he will want a lot more. And after he spends another $10,000 and realizes he can't get it with hair transplant, that is when he'll maybe shave the grafts on and get a piece like I am planning to. Then he told people about my piece plans. So never admit stuff to anyone, even if they just confided in you. For that, I'm not going to give him any more information. He barely knows about propecia, and he's on his own now for telling about my piece.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What a dick! I can't believe he divulged that information. It's like an unspoken rule not to blab about this stuff, regardless of where you are, how much alcohol is in your system, or how casual you might have seemed when you were talking about hairloss with him.

I've talked about it to a few of my friends, and although they never came right out and told anybody, they have thrown it back in my face a little bit. Like this one guy, who will never suffer from hair loss, if he continues to follow in his dad's and granddad's footsteps. I told him I was losing my hair, and now whenever he sees a bald guy on television express discontent over hair loss, he just looks at me and smiles. @$$holes, every one of them! =)

s.a.f

Reaction score
So was this guy at the party just walking round showing of his newly cut strip scar? :freaked:
Did you tell him that you were keeping your piece a secret? if not then how was he to know since you were being so open to him about everything to do with your hair.

CCS

Reaction score
he had a hat on, and told me about his surgery, but then told me not to tell anyone else. We went into a different room and talked about it more, away from the group. That is when I told him about my piece plan. I did not tell him not to tell, but i just assumed it would be a mutual thing. I was sad he was getting grafts, when I could tell from how thin his hair was that even though he thought it was better than before, he would not be happy in the long run, and should have spent that money on a piece that would have given him a much thicker head of hair for far less. I told him to give it a year or two and he will be back for more grafts when he realizes it is still too high and thin.

G

Well if those 1400 grafts were spread out to 20-30 cm2, it won't do much for him, something he should have been told before surgery. But who knows what happened.

I thought Bosley bought out MHR not long ago. They still run their own individual infomercials, same hype IMO. Buyer Beware!!! :freaked2:

CCS

Reaction score
gillenator said:
Well if those 1400 grafts were spread out to 20-30 cm2, it won't do much for him, something he should have been told before surgery.

hahaha. When I had my bosley produre, I got 13 grafts per square cm. I was so happy too. But my friends told me how thin it was. I quickly realized it too.

A

Administrator

I recently went on a trip with some friends, and one of them I did not know previously. He was 28 and had had a transplant. He had absolutely no idea that there are options other than strip incision. He'd never heard of it. He had gone to Medical Hair Restoration for his.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That just makes me so anxious that HM is on the hands of Bosley...

CCS this guy was an a$$hole, but are you sure you didnt offend him with the way you told him that his hair actually look crap? I dont know many guys who appreciate critisism for something they are happy about and spent 10,000$ for it! I know you were trying to help him but he might got it the wrong way.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I was at a party last night, and someone showed me his hair transplant. He said he got it at bosley. They guy is 23, NW5, and never has had any hair loss treatments before. They just gave him a propecia sample after his transplant, which he will start taking soon.

His hair is very thin everywhere. I can see his scalp just fine when the hair is 1 inch long, in his thickest area. Bosley gave him 1400 frontal grafts, giving him a NW2. They left the back open, since he did not pay enough to fill that in. Judging from the scabs, I'd say he got 15-20 grafts per square centimeter. He is really excited, but had no idea that the pain meds actually reduce bleading/swelling, and that he needs to keep his head back to keep tension off the incision. He paid $6 per graft for the 1400 graft strip procedure.

Typical bosley transplant. Even though the temples were oddly shaped, they did not put any grafts in them. They only touched the top hairline.

And the guy thought my 30% density looks thick and normal. I told him he just thinks that because he is a NW5 and would love to have any extra hair he can get. I told him to just give it time, and he will want a lot more. And after he spends another $10,000 and realizes he can't get it with hair transplant, that is when he'll maybe shave the grafts on and get a piece like I am planning to. Then he told people about my piece plans. So never admit stuff to anyone, even if they just confided in you. For that, I'm not going to give him any more information. He barely knows about propecia, and he's on his own now for telling about my piece.

CCS,

Your hair is falling out that fast that you are considering a piece? I thought your calculated regimen was supposed to hold on to your hair until you're 80? Did you get tired of mixing all these concoctions? What gives? Fill me in.

s.a.f

Reaction score
His hair is'nt falling out he just is'nt happy with what he's got.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm I dont think I could talk openly to a stranger about my hair transplant, let alone take him back to my place to discuss rugs :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
gdsgdsgd

A

Administrator

gillenator said:
So you could tell he had a hair transplant? :shock:
Of course. I have to admit, it would fool 90% of people but I've got an eye for them, for obvious reasons. Very natural hairline. Problem was density.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
That just makes me so anxious that HM is on the hands of Bosley...

CCS this guy was an a$$hole, but are you sure you didnt offend him with the way you told him that his hair actually look crap? I dont know many guys who appreciate critisism for something they are happy about and spent 10,000$ for it! I know you were trying to help him but he might got it the wrong way.

This is my guess as well. The guy was probably somewhat pissed that you were dissing his transplant right after he got it and felt great about it. This is why he got told others, passive aggressive gossip (as all gossip is).