I lost over 300 hairs after shower! this cant be normal male pattern baldness?

budwardo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I counted. I can gently pull on the front back sides ect and my hair just falls out. I have been loosing hair for over 1.5 years now but this is crazy. I am on synthroid for mild hypo thyroid. My levels are stabilized but I still feel like sh*t. tired, sore, eyes dry, ect. All thryoid symptoms. I also was just diagnosed with low test. I have been a nervous reck over the last 12 months. My scalp burns. This has to be not normal male pattern baldness right? What else should I be tested for?

budwardo

Established Member
Reaction score
btw my scalp actually hurts when I do the scalp exersize. after the shower ect. It is not red nor flakey

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
doesn't sound like the usual male pattern baldness at all dude, it could be a more agressive scalp condition. I'd see your GP about it. I have a friend with a bad scalp condition, I forget its name, but if he doesn't treat it with his tropical medication (it's not minoxidil its like an medicated anti-inflammatory of sorts) his hair falls out from the irritation he gets.

Also thyroid is one of the biggies in hairloss, it's the first thing all the GP's check for before taking the male pattern baldness route. Seek medical advice mate. Once the hairs gone the hairs gone. Save it now.

moseymoose

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
nizoral 2% every 2 days for you
msm 3000 mg broken in half 2x daily

should help

good shout with nizoral, it's such a great shampoo for the scalp.

There are some other shampoos too that can be used daily that contain a smaller percentage of ketoconazole along with others.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/DS-Laboratories-Dandrene is one, there are others too if you google about a bit :)
I'm no expert, but I do like my hair products :gay:

christer12

Reaction score
You should use Elocon 0,1% (mometason) Lotion. It can be an irritation or allergy. It can lead to inflammation of hair follicles in the head. If your scalp is irritated enough, it can lead to hair loss.

Nizoral also reduces inflammation and irritation. You can use it 2 times a week.

You should use it when you nede it... And if you have lost so much hair you can use a hair stimulant product.
Use products that do not irritate too much.