I made my RU topical

CCS

Reaction score
It is probably 1.5% RU58841, 1.5% applepoly, 0.5% CoQ10 powder (%?), and 0.005% retin-A. I'm going to get some minoxidil and mix the two.

I'm not applying it to my whole head. Just the "frontier areas" where there is the biggest change in density. And not on the slick areas.

It should be easy to watch since my temples have grafts in front, then a thin spot behind them where there is thinning and lighter colored hairs.

I'm also applying Prox-N to these areas. It is not a controlled experiment, but my goal is just to look better between now and the time I get HM.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
I would do the RU separately next time. The retin a and minoxidil shouldn't be mixed together in solution or they'll react and be less effective. I haven't read any information about what RU reacts with, but it's so expensive you should probably just play it safe.

The apple poly isn't stable in water, so you should remix every 14 days if you want it to be effective.

CCS

Reaction score
Uh...
Water poly IS soluble in water. And doctor Lee sells minoxidil with retin-A in it.

Anti-oxidants tend to preserve stuff. And I read that people have mixed minoxidil and RU and got good results. I'm just not interested in applying several topicals per day. Maybe I could store the RU separately, and mix them on my head.