I made topical spironolactone

CCS

Reaction score
It was just the first experiment. I ground up the tablets and put them in 80% ppg and 20% water and let them settle. The filler took up 40% of the liquid volume since it did not settle all the way. I poured the liquid off the top. It was a light clear orange. PPG is clear and has no smell. I rubbed a little on the back of my hand. It spread far and disappeared well. I need some alcohol and fatty acids to make it a cream.

I weighted a 25mg tablet. It was 125mg, 1/4 the weight of Bryan's 100mg tablet. I'll mix a little with the last few drops of my minoxidil and see if I get a stench, and apply some an hour after applying minoxidil on the back of my hand and see what that smells like.

I ground 15 tablets up in 16mL of ppg and 4 mL or water. That is a one week supply, except 40% needs to be filtered.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post college,

why do you use so much ppg ?

Your spironolactone is 7.5% solution right?

Goingat20

Reaction score
did you add fatty acids to your topical spironolactone? If we go for the RU i would think twice about using spironolactone...

CCS

Reaction score
i'm not going to use spironolactone or eucapil while on RU. i will buy RU, though. I just have spironolactone because i already ordered it. it is a 5% solution because that is what I made. I actually have no idea if it all dissolved or not. i just ground up the right number of pills in the right amount of liquid, and took the top 60% off, which did not have filler in it.

The reason I have so much PPG is I have not yet bought ethanol. http://www.chemistrystore.com is out, and I am still hesitant to spend $40 on a quart when I know http://www.chemistrystore.com might sell a gallon for $30 some day. I guess I'll just cough up the money this one time.

Yeah, i'll place my RU order soon. My loans should be in my bank account by now. They only take 10 business days to pass the checks, and I think it has been 2.5 weeks now.

Goingat20

Reaction score
when your ready to place the order i will send u the money

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi CCS and goinat20,
I ll be interested in the RU too. I am in the US and I can paypal u the money or whatever. I was worried whether RU really works or not. But after seeing how stax disappeared after he started using RU, I am pretty sure that sh*t is working...Can we Please arrange this together. please send me a PM if you are interested.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm interested. What country do you live in? I'm interested in buying two 20g samples and spliting it three or four ways if Jayman is interested, so we only pay the $45 once. I'm about ready to buy it now, but I'm also waiting to see if Bryan will comment on some green tea extract studies he posted, which inhibited hampster flank size as much as RU did, even in the presence of pure DHT. I don't want to jump on one study if RU has many, so I'm hoping Bryan will speak up soon.

CCS

Reaction score
it is cheap. You only need a few capsules per minoxidil bottle.

Goingat20

Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Hi CCS and goinat20,
I ll be interested in the RU too. I am in the US and I can paypal u the money or whatever. I was worried whether RU really works or not. But after seeing how stax disappeared after he started using RU, I am pretty sure that $#iT is working...Can we Please arrange this together. please send me a PM if you are interested.

No problems, CCS is organising so im sure he could work something out..

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to seem like I want to hijack the thread but I dont want open up a new one since its not a major topic...hehehe

CCS

You are mixing the Green Tea Extract with minoxidil correct?

I am not using minoxidil but I am using Tricomin...

Can I mix it with Tricomin instead of green tea?

Thanks,

LW

josephmhl

Reaction score
CCS: Lets say you did have ethanol, how much would you use?

and also, how did you calculate spironolactone percentage to be 5% if you used 375mg (15x25mg) of spirinolactone and 20ml of PPG/water.

CCS

Reaction score
15x25=0.375g. 1mL = 1g. Yeah, in 20mL that would be 1/3 of 5%

1.875%. OK, you caught my math error.

Yeah, but to anyone making their own, the density of water is 1g/1mL. Even though PG and ethanol have different densities, we usually just go by grams of active ingredient per mL of solution. So 1g/100mL = 1%.

josephmhl

Reaction score
thanks for the elaborate answer CCS.

what would in your opinion be the optimal ratio between water, PPG and ethanol, and why?

CCS

Reaction score
since spironolactone is not water soluble, I'd not use too much water. 20% should be enough to keep your skin from getting too dried out. Borageseed oil is good for keeping your skin from getting defatted by the ethanol. 2g of it should do. Stay below 50% PG, unless you want it really greasy. But you need at least 15%. Maybe you can get by on less, but that is the lowest I ready any good vehicles having. Octyl salicylate is imporant. It is a great penatration enhancer for fat soluble molecules like finasteride and dutasteride and spironolactone. 5-10% is good. You also need some vinegar to bring the pH down to 4.5, which is where the spironolactone is most stable. Otherwise it may break down in a few weeks or less. The rest is ethanol, which will reduce the thickness of the mixture. DMSO is good to, though I don't know the ideal amount.

When making the spironolactone, and the growned powder into a mix of ethanol and a little DMSO. Since they are not thick, the filler will fall to the bottom much faster than if you did this with propylene glycol. Once you think all the spironolactone has had time to dissolve, after shaking, lest the filler settle, and transfer the liquid into the container with the PG and octyl sallicylate. Mix and add some water and the contents of two borage seed oil capsules. Add some white vinegar. You actually need some pH paper to test the vinegar. I could calculate how much you need to add, but not right now, since I have a test tomorrow. I think a drop or two should get you pretty close. Fortunately acedic acid buffers at a pH close to 4.5, so you have some room for error.

The result is a clear liquid you can spread easily and not be seen, like minoxidil, but with the penetration properties of a cream. Maybe add some finasteride or dutasteride if you want. If adding the finasteride, grind the pills with the spironolactone pills.

josephmhl

Reaction score
Borageseed oil is good for keeping your skin from getting defatted by the ethanol. 2g of it should do.

I'm gonna use Rosemary oil instead, i believe it will have more or less the same effect.

Octyl salicylate is imporant. It is a great penatration enhancer for fat soluble molecules like finasteride and dutasteride and spironolactone. 5-10% is good.

I dont have that, where do you get OS? how important would you say using it is?
As with all applications, the best time to use them is after a hot shower when the skin pores are open. Hair should be towel dried first to avoid dilution.

You also need some vinegar to bring the pH down to 4.5, which is where the spironolactone is most stable. Otherwise it may break down in a few weeks or less.
If i only make a small amount for a few days i wont need it then will i?

DMSO is good to, though I don't know the ideal amount.

i'd rather try without the DMSO first.

CCS

Reaction score
sounds like you will be fine. What vehicle are you going to use? I doubt you will get as much penetration without the OS and DMSO, but you can still do OK with ethanol and PG. Just use 30% PG. I can't make any promises about it having cream penetration, but we just have a few studies that show the effectiveness of creams, and they always have PG and the liquid vehicle they outperform never does, but deliborately is usually just alcohol and water with no other penetration enhancers. So who knows.

I doubt octyl salicylate would help water soluble compounds like apple poly.

I got 16 oz of DMSO and 16 oz of OS for $25 total plus shipping on a body building sight. I forgot which one.