I need Advice form those who are/were on Finasteride?

Fergie91

Reaction score
Question for those who are/were on finasteride at some point.

Hi lads, I am a 23 years old. I was diagnosed with male pattern baldness by HRBR in Ireland which is a highly respected clinic. I have been on 1.25mg Proscar for nearly 5 months. Before i started it i was at nw1.5 just normal shedding. I wanted to prevent for further loss and started proscar .For the first 1.5 months honestly noting happened at all i did not see any difference with my hair. 2.5 months came and I started to notice my hair was starting to thickening up a little bit. about 2 months ago into the treatment it just happened i started to rapidly lose a load of hair, every time i washed my hair every second day.. i would easily count about 20 to 30 hairs on my hand every time i ran my hand through it. At first the hairs were thick hairs and really thin hairs falling out but now its just really thin hairs falling out. This shed has been going on now for nearly 2 months. Just before i decided to write this I combed my hair and counted 46 hairs on it i do this about 3 times a day and count 40-50 hairs each time. Every time i do the pull test i easily pull out 3 - 4 hairs every time!!

My hair has never been as thin before. I have really fair hair, finasteride did thickening up some of my hair about 2 and half months ago. But with this massive shed going on u don't even notice it. I had a small hair transplant (700 graphs) last year in march 2013 on my hairline and that hair is starting to thin a little bit now that kinda freaked me out cause i thought that hair was immune to DHT? also another thing i noticed which is kinda of a bonus my beard has thinned out i used to shave every single day because i would have a 5 o' clock shadow i had a really thick beard, now i can shave every 2 days without getting any stubble. My chest hair has become really really thin and the hair I had on the back of my hands is completely gone!!

I have lost about 60% of my hair density and continue to lose more. I know everyone goes through a shed but I'm just wondering has anyone gone through a shed were you are losing about 200 - 250 hairs a day or maybe even more on bad days. I have really fair defuse thinning hair i.am 23 years old. I kinda feel depressed, dont want to go out, everyday i look at the mirror i can see my scalp and getting more visible by the day.

What should i do? is there anybody like me??
Please help me... Need advice...
Thanks Fergie

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard people who say their hair is worse than ever at like the 5 month mark but who in the end have great regrowth. finasteride is not speeding up your hairloss. stay on it. Also another 10 year results thread some guy said for the first 14 months he shed every couple of months and thought it wasn't working... but 10 years later he was still at baseline and maintained everything

Fermat

Reaction score
I can understand the apprehension, but if I were you I'd stick it out. I would love to have a big shed, I'd find it promising.