I need an hair transplant ( pictures )

morrocan_5

Reaction score
Hello,
I am 29 years old. I started thinning/losing hair around the age of 25.
Since 2 years my situation stabilized in a cyclical way (after starting the big 3) : My hair is quite good from November-March when I start shedding in March/April. Then from April to mid summer my hair is terrible like the one in the pics:

http://s308.photobucket.com/albums/kk328/dc_w2000/HH/?albumview=slideshow

I don't need to tell you how upsetting this is. I need a hair transplant soon. I wanted to share pics with you to get your opinions. My thoughts are the following:

- I do NOT want a strip, one day I might shave.
- I am really most bothered with my Crown. I do not care much about bigger temples, at least not for the moment (until a cure is found). I hate the thinning look more than the receding and that is why I hate the look of my crown.
- I therefore want to put a priority on more coverage at the crown.
- I am an engineering student and therefore cannot pay more than 5-7K for now max. But I would like to act now during my summer break. I can then add some more next summer.
- I would like to go to a top doctor - because I don't want to have regrets.
- I am hoping that 600-1000 grafts will make some difference on the crown . Will it ?
- I have a terrible hair when cut short ( it stands up ) I therefore cannot afford shaving my hair for the operation :(

Am I doomed like a dodo ?

I would appreciate your thoughts very much. I am new here but I can see some very smart people on here. I am going for a consultation soon with Armani but need your thoughts first.

cheers

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
5-7 for FUE is 400-500 grafts, that in my opinion will do nothing for you. If strip is not an option, I'd save about 20k, then you could have some bargaining power and get about 2000 grafts, although it looks like you may need multiple sessions as you are young. 600-1000 grafts is for touchup and temples, not for the results you'll want. Any surgeon who quotes you that little is not one I would recommend.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
5-7 for FUE is 400-500 grafts, that in my opinion will do nothing for you. If strip is not an option, I'd save about 20k, then you could have some bargaining power and get about 2000 grafts, although it looks like you may need multiple sessions as you are young. 600-1000 grafts is for touchup and temples, not for the results you'll want. Any surgeon who quotes you that little is not one I would recommend.

I dont think this guy needs a transplant. If this is his hair at its worst, he shouldnt be spending time here. :) Thats my honest opinion and I have gone through much worse.
Dont get on the hair transplant treadmill. You dont need to. Period.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I cant see it, whats it like?

morrocan_5

Reaction score
s.a.f, did you check the link. Would love to have your opinion. Anyone else ?
So by looking at the bald spot on my crown ... you think that 800 grafts wouldn't help
to thicken this area just a little bit to make it less see through ? As for my frontal hair it doesn't bother me yet and it has stabilized (just like the crown) in the couple last years. I know it is too short of a time to tell, but if I use 800 that is not a big deal right ? I would still have maybe 4000 grafts to use.

One other question : i hear people using beard and neck hair ( for the extremely hairy ) does the donor area COMPLETELY heal and will it not show any trace of the surgery ?

As for the money I am ready to spend up to 50 K on my hair over the next 10 years. I know once I hair transplant I will have to come back.