I need help finding some ingredients to buy for my topicals

CCS

Reaction score
Panthenol
allantoin (only use a small amount!)

I also want a place I can get small supplies of glycerin, cetyl alcohol, and stearyl alcohol.

I want to make the following topical (biggest to smallest ingredient, active ingredients bolded):

distilled water
ethanol
proylene glycol
glycerin
lee's retin-A
cetyl alcohol
EGCG
Licorice extract
Lavender essential oil

white curcumin
stearyl alcohol
panthenol
aloe vera
polysorbate 80
Peppermint essential oil
alpha lipoic acid (lowers pH)
dmso
L-arginine
allantoin

CCS

Reaction score
I added most of those ingredients to my shampoo. Just not the alcohol, cetyl alcohol, or glycerin. Anyway, it dried my face out pretty good.

bubka

Reaction score
here is your old regime

--Orals:
*Dutas EOD

---Supplements

*5g soy protein powder with 400mg GTE to make EQUOL,
500mg L-arginine,
2mL borageseed oil,
5 fish oil capsules,
20g of ground flax seed,
500mg curcumin,
240mg GSE, 200 IU vit E isomer mix,
300mg apple polyphenols,
1mg biotin,
500mg vit C with bioflavonoids,
multi-vit, barley flower,
cinnamon tea 0.5g,
bosewillia powder 250mg spread throughout the day.

---Shampoos:

*selenium shampoo as 10 second pre-wash to needed areas

*Nizoral 1% 1.0 mL, whole head,
4 min, 1/3 days

*lef.org NANO with 1% minoxidil,
1-2mL, top of head,
5 min,
2/3 days

---Topicals to front third:

*0.25% GSE,
0.25% pomegranate extract,
2% apple poly,
2% GTE,
0.1% SOD,
0.001% retin-A,
2% borageseed oil:
2.5mL after shower. (I also put this on my face and neck and balls and lube up my penis when I masterbate)

*75% AC spray: 2.5mL 1x EOD

coming soon:

* spironolactone 5%,
0.3% bosewillia serrata,
0.2% beta sis,
2% borage: 2mL 1-2x a day after anti-ox

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
1mL of a mix of essential oils dissolved in 12 mL of everclear 95% very well. I added 12mL of propylene glycol, and it did not dissolve quite as well. I added a tiny bit of arginine, some alpha lipoic acid, 1mL of polysorbate 80, and 4 drops of DMSO.

In a separated cup, I added 500mg (one of the small beyond a century scoops) of licorice extract to 30mL of distilled water. It looked dark, and I'd say 80% dissolved.

Finally, I poured the licorice water into the the first container. It got warm, had many small bubbles, and got more yellow in color. Now I wonder if a chemical reaction occurred. Still smelled good though.

I diluted the remainder of the licorice water to verify that dilution did not make it lighter. Then I added some alpha lipoic acid to the water to see if the sudden addition of acid caused the head. No heat.

I also want to add that the propylene glycol mixes with water very slowly. When I poured some in my sink, it looked like oil, except it stayed under the water. I think it is soluble, but is just so viscous that it takes time to dissolve.

I'm going to redo this in another order. This time though I'll leave out the polysorbate 80 and DMSO and arginine till last, and I'll add alpha lipoic acid and alcohol to the licorice, and water to the essential oils, before combining the licorice and essential oils. This way, I can figure out if there is a chemical or just a physical reaction, and what exactly is reacting.

CCS

Reaction score
well that was fast. the alpha lipoic acid did not react with licorice in water. But when I put licorice in ethanol (it did not dissolve much), and alpha lipoic acid in water (not very soluble there either), and then combined the two solutions, I got the heat, bubbles, and color change. the same thing happened when I had licorice in water added to alpha lipoic acid in ethanol. Just not when I added the acid to licorice in just water.

The only reason I'm using the acid is I read that GTE is more stable in acid, so I assumed licorice would be too.

I just did ethanol, licorice, and acid. Nothing.
Then I added water, and got the reaction.

One last test: no acid:
Just licorice, ethanol, and water.
Result: some hot reaction, bubbles, turned more yellow in color.

Conclusion: I just don't think that licorice extract, which comes in alcohol extract or water extract, would react when with just water and ethanol. I think what I'm seeing here is a very violent dissolving process. The licorice is not soluble in ethanol, and is not very soluble in water. Mix the two together though, and it dissolves very well.

Actually, I bet the water and ethanol by themself make the heat:
Yep.

I added water to ethanol. Nothing else. It turned white with bubbles, and got hot. Those two molecules love each other. I just did not realize they loved each other that much. So no chemical reaction.

CCS

Reaction score
Ok, I finished making and applying it. Very pleasant smelling, and not too strong. I applied it directly too my forearm, and it has no color change, but does have a bit more traction than normal.

As for my head, it feels like i put bengay on it. So maybe 1mL of essential oils in 50mL is too much. I have 1/6 mL of tea tree, 1/3 mL of peppermint, and 1/2 mL of lavender. Maybe it could be the alpha lipoic acid or polysorbate 80.

Unfortunately, I could only dissolve 1% of extracts into this. I added an extra percent, but not all of it dissolved. At least it is non-greasy, no mess, and fast drying, and can only be smelled up close.

So that is my hair topical. I will make a face topical, that will be a bit more peppermint and no lavendar. I'll apply it to one side of my face to see if it gets rid of the redness and reduces beard stubble.

When i get the panthenol, i'll just add it to my shampoo. I might put the allantoin on my face.

IBM

Reaction score
Does anyone understands what CCS is doing?

Why he does not take cyproterone acetate? It would be clean and fast...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am going to buy Licorice extract powder from Herbal extract Plus http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/licorice.cfm and make a Topical from it..I wait a little bit to see the feedbacks from it and so far so good..After comparing the 2 species The inflata from the study and the glabra and numerous e-mails from elsom research..the results will probably the same.. We got the Glycyrrhizic Acid & licochalcone-A in both species. Period. We tried almost everything to get the Polyol-soluble licorice extract but unobtainable from the distributor or manufacturers if we don't own a company in the cosmetics business..Our last hope is to get the stuff through Elsom research http://www.elsomresearch.com/ so they get it from the distributors at a decent price and sell it to us.Not the mixed stuff with their nano technology..Just the raw Polyol-soluble licorice extract. They already know us and our goals anyways.I don't want to use something that stink or stain like Saw Palmetto...This thing smell like cat piss... That is why I still us my Peppermint Topical and dropped the Lavender..because Lavender remember me of an old granny..Peppermint smell like old Spice sh*t...way better. Green Tea Extract sound really promising with all the studies done and the millions forums open on it http://www.beyondacenturyonline.com is selling a good quality one 95-98% polyphenols, about 80% catechins & >50% EGCg but I am afraid to stain my pillow and got a sticky feeling from it... :dunno: ...But I know from the study that Licorice rules them all..I don't want to mess with a lot of sh*t mixed together too...

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey squeegee,

I am using Teavigo (brand). 94% EGCG per 150mg capsule. I believe you can find this brand anywhere.
It has no color (wont stain) ,and no odor I can detect. Unlike regular GTE which can be greenish sometimes.
I am doing a distilled water/vodka mix.

good luck,
patagonia

CCS

Reaction score
1.5% topical GTE does not stain the skin. I put it on my white forearm. No stain. Good luck making EGCG any stronger than that. If you succeed, let me know how you did it. I wish it would stain my scalp so it would have a dermmatch effect, since my hair is the same color as the extract.

Any time I hear the word "capsules", I think "expensive".

And now I'm upset that I forgot to get titanium dioxide when I made my purchase. So I have to pay shipping again. I think I'll just wait till the tocotrienols are there. SPF 15 though would be very nice about now. And titanium dioxide is all day.

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
the ingredients arrived fast. Only problem is the cetyl alcohol is pellets, and does not dissolve.

I thought the glycerin was not dissolving, but it just needed more time. Just the alpha lipoic acid on the surface is not dissolving well, and the pellets are on top. I guess I'm ready to give it a try on my skin.

oyo

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish there were some way to test these concoctions to see how much of hte active parts are still there after a month or even just mixing them.

CCS

Reaction score
still smells the same. My eyebrows are regrowing. That is good enough for me. I see a lot of light colored hairs growing in on them in the right places to make the symetrical. I think it is my shampoo doing it. Could be the dutas though.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you got anything for X-Ray eyes? Mines are leaking radiation fast.

oyo

Established Member
Reaction score
green tea also has quercetin, i wouldn't want a pure EGCG extract