I need some advice..

Onlinenow

Reaction score
First off I want to apologize.. I've been reading a lot of threads on here about people my age or younger with really scary amounts of hair loss so I feel like a a**h** being on here but I am trying to be proactive.

I guess my hair loss started 8 or so months ago just after my 23 birthday. I couldn't put my finger on it but my hair wasen't actting well around my left front temple. It felt weak, it wasen't parting well and generally thin all around there but I just den't clue in. I ended up growing my hair out a bit and that hid it well, until I cutted my hair short again. I was surprised at what I seen, In 6 months the entire area that had previously felt weak was gone (about a inch and a half deep, down my left front temple). I already had a doctors appointment set up for a unrelated issue so while I was there I brought it up (this was just as my hair seemed to be stabilizing) He pulled my hair back, ran his hands though my hair and said it was natural to loss hair. Which I get but this seemed aggressive. It did end up stabilizing for 2 month until a couple weeks ago. My left temple again, it looks like its setting up the same pattern as before (looks like it could fall back another half an inch)

Like I said im trying to be proactive here because if theres one thing I keep reading its people who wish they got on treatment earlier. The only thing i've been taking is iron supplements and i've ordered minoxidi on impulse. If I can maintain my hair here and maybe even grow a bit back I would be happy. This is new to me so some advice would be appreciated. From what I know I assume I should get on finasteride? It seems to be cheaper online? which sites do you trust? Or should I be doing something else? Is it normal to only loss hair on your left temple? I've been poking at my right side for a while now and its perfect. I still have to get my hair thinned out in the back while I get haircuts but I do know my hair continually weakens on my left side.

Lots of questions so I appreciate it. Thanks