I Need To Know If I'm Losing My Hair

richard3435

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I seem to have been having this debate with myself for a couple of years as to whether or not I am losing my hair. Many symptoms can be fabricated by the brain such as a sore scalp and retreating hairline (both of which I think are occurring). However, i seem to be losing more than 100 hairs a day and I have noticed what looks to be miniaturized hairs at my hairline. Also, I seem to have a more pronounced crown even though I have a double crown. I will attach some pictures for your input and if my hair loss is occurring I will get on finasteride immediately. The first is from a couple days ago. The second is from a year ago and the third and fourth pictures are taken a couple days ago in different lighting. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of your images work.

but based on your description, it definitely sounds like the curse is beginning to manifest.

richard3435

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here they are.. Now the order is first and second are the different lighting from recently. The third is also recent and the 4th is from a year ago.. Let me know if you can see these

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 545

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it does look like it is thinning in the front. It's not really bad, obviously, so I think the current treatments would definitely be good to start pronto. You'd probably be able to keep the vast majority of it until the future techs in the pipeline are available.

richard3435

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I guess I'm a little worried about the horror stories but it may have to be risked. Have you been hearing anything about good future treatments?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I guess I'm a little worried about the horror stories but it may have to be risked. Have you been hearing anything about good future treatments?

Also is there any way it could stop on its own or will it just continue until I'm bald?

It likely will not stop. You can never be sure how fast it will go. Some guys get recession in their early 20s and then never wind up completely bald until they die. But waaaaay more wind up bald before age 30. So don't bank on that.

Most of the future treatments are looking good. Histogen works, but is not a permanent solution; waiting on RepliCel/Shiseido's clinical trials and Tsuji definitely has the cure, but it's going to be a few years and a trip to Japan for that.

finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral are your new best bros until then. I advise not reading about them online, as the internet makes it look like everyone gets debilitating side effects. In reality, few do.

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline looks like it might be in the VERY early stages. Your crown looks fine though.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO your hair looks fine, but if you're noticing a lot of shedding I would go to a derm for his/her opinion.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If you lose those baby hairs at the base of your hairline in the next few years, you will know you are receding. My hairline started like yours then I lost those little baby hairs and the whole hairline receded further up but I basically did not recede in my temples too much.