I ordered the mother of all vitamins today

docj077

Reaction score
No iron.

Do you take this as a suppository? That's about the only way it's going to fit in your body.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
After taking 22 tablets, there’s going to be a bunch of other stuff floating around your skin, your body and your rectum.

If they were cookies instead of pills, they could be called Soilet Green.

The food of the future.

CCS

Reaction score
I pay $6 for 180 tablets of a very broad spectrum muilti with almost 100% of everything. Yeah, lower on iron and a few other things, and higher on vitamin C. Then I have several individual sources of GSE, borageseed oil, and other stuff. I think my total monthly cost around $15 or less for my 8+ different supplements.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
docj, Thanks for pointing that out. I will have to add an iron supplement. Why do you say it has to be a suppository? You take 9 capsules and 2 softgels, twice daily, with food. Shouldn't that be fine for the delivery of the ingredients?

Harie, it's really expensive, I know. But one of the things that seperates it from your vitamin is the:

42 Fruits and Greens Blend (banana fruit, tomato fruit, apples, strawberries, kiwi, peaches, whole red wine grapes, blueberries, mango, cantaloupe, pineapple, cranberries, bing cherries, red raspberries, red peppers, eggplant, plums, elderberries, apricots, carrots, ginger, beets, onion, sweet potato, white potato, broccoli, spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, orange, grapefruit, lemons, limes, spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa, barley grass, wheat grass, rye grass, cauliflower, corn)

and the BerryVin (Strawberries, blueberries, escobillo, blackberries, cranberries, grape extract, pomegranate extract)

If they acre actually putting all this stuff in the vitamin I can understand the cost, because it'd cost a fortune to buy all of this stuff at the supermarket. (And yes I know these things couldn't replace eating the real stuff but I couldn't afford the real stuff so this will have to do for the most part.)

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is the content of the fruit/vegies worth $130 a month though? With the extra $100/month you're spending, or $115 a month if you use what College takes, you could eat some serious veggies/fruit. :)

Besides, the 250mg of fruit (I'm assuming extract) and 250mg veggie (again, extract) they're adding is nothing compared to what eating the whole fruit/veggies would do.

Though, it does have a good amt of probiotics which are always good to have...still not worth $130/month IMO.

CCS

Reaction score
I get my supplements from beyond-a-century. But my multi is from Kroger. Kroger seems to be coming out with some good stuff, if their lables tell the truth. I just bought 180 capsules of mercury filtered fish oil for $4. It's from mackerel and sardines.

docj077

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
docj, Thanks for pointing that out. I will have to add an iron supplement. Why do you say it has to be a suppository? You take 9 capsules and 2 softgels, twice daily, with food. Shouldn't that be fine for the delivery of the ingredients?

Harie, it's really expensive, I know. But one of the things that seperates it from your vitamin is the:

42 Fruits and Greens Blend (banana fruit, tomato fruit, apples, strawberries, kiwi, peaches, whole red wine grapes, blueberries, mango, cantaloupe, pineapple, cranberries, bing cherries, red raspberries, red peppers, eggplant, plums, elderberries, apricots, carrots, ginger, beets, onion, sweet potato, white potato, broccoli, spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, orange, grapefruit, lemons, limes, spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa, barley grass, wheat grass, rye grass, cauliflower, corn)

and the BerryVin (Strawberries, blueberries, escobillo, blackberries, cranberries, grape extract, pomegranate extract)

If they acre actually putting all this stuff in the vitamin I can understand the cost, because it'd cost a fortune to buy all of this stuff at the supermarket. (And yes I know these things couldn't replace eating the real stuff but I couldn't afford the real stuff so this will have to do for the most part.)

I was just joking about the bolded part. I knew it wasn't one pill, but my mind likes to play funny tricks on me when it comes to administration of medications.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I get my supplements from beyond-a-century. But my multi is from Kroger. Kroger seems to be coming out with some good stuff, if their lables tell the truth. I just bought 180 capsules of mercury filtered fish oil for $4. It's from mackerel and sardines.

Also check out Costco's Kirkland brand. They got great reviews from consumer reports. There multi vitamin/mineral was like 250 pills for like 14 dollars.

Also, AARPpharmacy.com. YOu dont have to be a member either.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you heard of Universal Animal Pak?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html

It’s a very popular multivitamin for strength athletes & bodybuilders.
You could get it for $18.45 (44 packs with 11 tablets each).

I took it for around 3 months.
The only problem is that some of the pills are hard to swallow, so I had to cut them in pieces.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Strat54 said:
The only problem is that some of the pills are hard to swallow, so I had to cut them in pieces.

For the love of all that is holy, DON'T SWALLOW VITAMIN PILLS WHOLE, especially ones that are difficult to swallow in the first place. Use some common sense and CHEW THEM UP FIRST.

Bryan

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan wrote:
For the love of all that is holy, DON'T SWALLOW VITAMIN PILLS WHOLE, especially ones that are difficult to swallow in the first place. Use some common sense and CHEW THEM UP FIRST.

The problem is that they’re time-released tablets. I couldn’t crush or chew them.

So it was either that, or nothing.

And there’s also a liver tab in there, and no one is going to convince me to chew a liver pill, ever.

G

Bryan said:
Strat54 said:

Bryan

vitamins, unless they are flinstone ones, generally taste like sh*t. no way i am chewing a vitamin e tablet.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
???

Tocopherol acetate is virtually tasteless.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Guys, I'm going to get on my soapbox again and say that, IMHO, the best supplement you can use is a juicer!! This is just a supplement now, it doesn't replace "good eatin".

People think I'm wacko about this but I swear it has made me healthier.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I tried to chew my multivitamin and it was almost tasteless, so I also chewed my vitamin C and the MSM pill. No problem at all.

I don’t remember who, but someone said a while back that cutting the pills has the same effect as chewing them.