I Saw Dr. Rahal's Work - Not Impressed

taurusrisen

Reaction score
I Saw Dr. Rahal's Work - Need More Info

I was thinking of seeing Dr. Rahal to get a hair transplant done after seeing impressive before and after pics of patients on his website. I haven't read any negative reviews about him. But sadly, I recently saw 2 threads by pateints of Rahal who had shown their pics at a year post op. I expect my hair to be as thick as these guys.

I really want to see Rahal. But I want to have thick hair.

Can anyone who has done a hair transplant with Rahal show their pics to give me confidence in seeing him?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Does it really surprise you though ? I'm not saying Dr. Rahal is a bad surgeon, but you need to take into account that he has around 30 so patients advertised on his website out of the 1000's he's worked on.

Surgeons should be forced to post every surgery that they do, good or bad, just so we know what we're actually getting.

This hair transplant will never be posted on the doctors website - http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...3-Dr-DeYarman-5400-grafts-FUT-2-years-post-op

Reaction score
If I was you check the grading sites for doctors such as healthgrades, and look at the reviews 3 and less and see how many there are, than you can make your choice.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why before/after pics are not worth anything unless they are on a forum by real people. For all we know these pics are bought in a pretty assembled book online

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Im surprised by this I've seen quite a few examples of Rahals work on forums and always considered him to be one of the best, his hairlines are as good as I've ever seen. However no surgery has 100% success rates I'd be very interested to see the photos in question.

Without pics your post is nothing but speculation and being your first post I think its a little suspicious.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
This is why before/after pics are not worth anything unless they are on a forum by real people. For all we know these pics are bought in a pretty assembled book online

I agree and a good way to weed out hair transplant doctors is if they use tricks with the before and after pics. For example, before pic showing long hair moved away from the balding area but in the after pic the hair is combed to cover the balding area. Before pic done in bright light and after pic done in dark light. And my favorite, a before pic of the top and crown and an after pic of the back (where all the donor hair comes from).

If the after pictures are not done in the same or better lighting, at the same angle, and with the hair combed the same way beware of the doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree and a good way to weed out hair transplant doctors is if they use tricks with the before and after pics.

For example,

1. Before pic showing long hair moved away from the balding area but in the after pic the same long non-transplanted hair is combed to cover the balding area.
2. Before pic done in bright light and after pic done in dark light.
3. Before pic of the bald top of the head and crown and an after pic of the back of the head (where all the donor hair comes from).

If the after pictures are not done in the same or better lighting, at the same angle, and with the hair combed the same way, beware of the doctor.

shookwun

Reaction score
His work is good.

Donor hair determines whether or not you have a good result, and achieve that illusion of density.

Thin hair individuals aren't good candidates for hair transplant.

No surgery is 100% success.