I started balding at 12 I am now 15 and almost completely bald.

Fractal

Reaction score
Hello my name is Sam, I'm a freshman in high school and my hairline looks like that of a 30 year old man. When I was 8-12 I had the longest hair and I loved it, but when I turned 12 my dad started noticing that I was losing my hair a bit on top. I didn't notice it myself too much but it became very apparent as time went on. When I was in 13 in 7th grade my hairline started to seriously recede and my dad finally took my to a dermatologist. It turns out that it's just run of the mill male pattern baldness and there's essentially nothing I can do about it. I started using rogaine but it simply didn't work-- but I still use it just to be safe. I'm now 15 and have a very defined ring around my head, along with patchy, thin hair clinging to my scalp on top. I try to keep a positive outlook on it since it doesn't affect my relationships with other people, but it's still depressing knowing that I'm pretty much alone when it comes to my age. I'd consider myself a handsome guy, so I can still talk to the ladies, but keeping my hair short is the best decision I've ever made. It'd be a blessing if I had started balding at 19 or 20.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
holy **** talk about balding early
glad it doesn't get you down because lets be honest there is nothing you can do.
Good luck man.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the youngest I've ever heard of male pattern baldness kicking in. Do you know when men in your family normally go bald?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Men usually bald from there mothers father
Complete Myth, if your dad is bald you're 100 times more likely to go bald. My mothers father had a complete full head.

Both my older brothers are loosing their hair, as I am.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My mothers father and father both have their juvenile hair lines and all my uncles. I am headed for nw6. I would like to see pics of OP's hair because age 15 is unbelievable

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I hope that hair cloning could be available sooner. There's so many unfortunate men and women who lose quite a chunk of hair when they're young and treatments don't work. It can really damage them psychologically, especially young women.