I think im ready for surgery

mike_1985

Reaction score
Hi there
I have a few questions to which i would be really graetfull if you could answear
Im 23 from the Uk and i had thining hair since maybe about 12 years old . It Was never quite bad untill i got to 17 when all of a sudden everyone was callin me baldy not that they dont no more is just i dont pay attention to it .
I find myself not living my life as i should and i dont want to have no hair by the time im 27 .
It was hard at 1st but now i guess i got used to it and it doesnt get to me as much as it did a year ago .
How you can see from the pictures I keep my hair really short but i really would like to grow it a bit

I have been looking at some of the posts but i can see that every case is different

My questions are ( pictures attached )
1 Could you explain to me which procedure is best for me(i have been taking propecia for under a year ) ?
2 What are the drawbacks and can they go horribly wrong ?
3 Is there anyone coser to me that is decent closer to home than north america ?
4 How many grafts would i need ?

And any other information would be really appreciated

Attachments

• DSC01176 (2).jpg
    DSC01176 (2).jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 994
  • DSC01177 (2).jpg
    DSC01177 (2).jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1,004
  • DSC01179 (2).jpg
    DSC01179 (2).jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,017

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I dunno man. Ive been researching myself for around 6 months now and from what I understand you're to young and you don't appear the right kind of hairloss to be a candidate for a hair transplant (I could be wrong). Your hair seems to be diffuse in the whole NW7 area. Has propecia been working for you since you started it? You tried Rogaine foam? You got to try all the meds available to you before having a hair transplant.

Private message gillantor, spex or saf. They will give you honest good information on your prospects of a hair transplant.

mike_1985

Reaction score
propecia hasnt really improved my hair it does deffinatly stop it from fallin out , can i still take propecia while i use the regaine foam ?
I need to look at all the possibilities

s.a.f

Reaction score
mike_1985 said:
1 Could you explain to me which procedure is best for me(i have been taking propecia for under a year ) ?
2 What are the drawbacks and can they go horribly wrong ?
3 Is there anyone coser to me that is decent closer to home than north america ?
4 How many grafts would i need ?

And any other information would be really appreciated

1 Probably 1 or 2 FUE sessions.
2 Not much if you go to a highly respected surgeon and have realistic goals.
3 No.
4 depends on how it looks grown out. 2/3000?

You are a diffuse thinner I think it would be best to meet up with some of the best surgeons for a consult only they can tell you what your options really are. And make sure that the meds really are holding your hairloss before having surgery.