i think some friendships of mine are broken coz of hair

G

when i was 20/21 i had 5 friends and i dont have to do anything with them anymore now. i think hair plays a role in that.

now i had 3 friends from when i was 22 (im still 22) but they are broken now i think and i think its a bit coz of hair. i always went with them to the disco where you dont see the toppik. but i never did anything with them on day. because of my hair. and somehow im even hiding something with the toppik and the friends may see that, that im not myself somehow.

jeffsss

Reaction score
get a hat to do stuff durring the day.
why not buzz your hair? only thing that is keeping me fromt hat is my huge head and oily skin.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is toppik that noticeable really??

I mean, in usual/logical amounts and using some product in the hair...

I think you´r developing an obsession about the problem. No one leaves a friend because he´s going bald, that´s simply stupid, mate.

G

not exactly coz im balding. but coz i use the toppik and im not myself somehow . that is why they leave me.

sundevilb3

Reaction score
I doubt that your friends are leaving you. I think that this hairloss stuff makes us really insecure about our appearance and we therefore decide to stay home much more often than we used to. I know that I sometimes turn down my friends when they want to hang out, because I am worried about how my hair looks. I know that even if I were to hang out with them, I would constantly be thinking about hair and my personality would not shine. I know that sometimes I might appear boring or quiet because I am concerned about my hair.

This may cause you to hang out with them less and eventually, since you don't see them much (and turn them down to go out), they don't invite you and you lose whatever bond you had.

I think this is much more likely than them "leaving" you.

CCS

Reaction score
Run that by me again. Did you say that they were bothered by the Topik, and told you not to use it? If not, it sounds to me like they are bothered you don't hang out with them during the day, and they know it is because of your hair, and maybe one time when they were talking about your insecurity, the mensioned the topik.

Your hair loss is not ending your friendship. You are. I'd be more convinced if you said your hair loss drove your girlfriend away. But even that is not a definite, especially with your NW2 pics I saw. Going from NW1 to 3 fast will probably get you dumped with most women, but if a woman took you at Norwood 1.5, she is not going to dump you if you go to Norwood 2.5. Put on a hat and go invite your friends out somewhere fun. They are NOT gone for good. And if you go without the hat for one day, you can impress them. But if you know you will freak out, just where the hat, since you do not want them to see you freak out.

Another way your looks can affect a friendship is if they get prettier women than you, and your girlfriend wishes she could have one of your friends, and you are jelous of your friends, you don't take the women you can get and are jelous of your friends. But as long as you act happy arond them and their success, and act like your old self, they are not going to leave you because your looks fade, and will spit on any woman who asks them to not invite you somewhere because of your looks.

And just so everyone knows, Topik is good only if it matches your hair color very well. They don't have my color, and I don't want to die my hair to match it, and I think most dies don't look natural. It would be nice if there were a thickening hair gel, so no women would touch the hair and discover it, like Topik. Gel is still acceptable.

DavidSWP

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Run that by me again. Did you say that they were bothered by the Topik, and told you not to use it? If not, it sounds to me like they are bothered you don't hang out with them during the day, and they know it is because of your hair, and maybe one time when they were talking about your insecurity, the mensioned the topik.

Your hair loss is not ending your friendship. You are. I'd be more convinced if you said your hair loss drove your girlfriend away. But even that is not a definite, especially with your NW2 pics I saw. Going from NW1 to 3 fast will probably get you dumped with most women, but if a woman took you at Norwood 1.5, she is not going to dump you if you go to Norwood 2.5. Put on a hat and go invite your friends out somewhere fun. They are NOT gone for good. And if you go without the hat for one day, you can impress them. But if you know you will freak out, just where the hat, since you do not want them to see you freak out.

Another way your looks can affect a friendship is if they get prettier women than you, and your girlfriend wishes she could have one of your friends, and you are jelous of your friends, you don't take the women you can get and are jelous of your friends. But as long as you act happy arond them and their success, and act like your old self, they are not going to leave you because your looks fade, and will spit on any woman who asks them to not invite you somewhere because of your looks.

And just so everyone knows, Topik is good only if it matches your hair color very well. They don't have my color, and I don't want to die my hair to match it, and I think most dies don't look natural. It would be nice if there were a thickening hair gel, so no women would touch the hair and discover it, like Topik. Gel is still acceptable.

OMFG stop talking absolute shite about women. Have you ever actually had sex in your entire life? I pity any woman with so low self respect to have anything to do with you. Hairs got nothing WHATSOEVER to do with it. GET A LIFE LOOSER!

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
DavidSWP said:
OMFG stop talking absolute shite about women. Have you ever actually had sex in your entire life? I pity any woman with so low self respect to have anything to do with you. Hairs got nothing WHATSOEVER to do with it. GET A LIFE LOOSER!

I have some of the same feelings as this post, but don't necessarily agree with the content/presentation XD

No woman is going to dump their boyfriend cause his hair started falling out unless she was mainly dating him for his appearance. If he doesn't turn into an insecure twit about it, the odds of it impacting the relationship are not particularly good unless he really looks like a mutant when BALD (like, he gets to NW5+ and/or shaves his head to get it over with) or she has really, really awful friends who constantly tell her to dump the bald guy, or if the guy didn't have much going for him in the first place.

A good solution is just be great in bed.

As for hats, what's the point? You will have to take it off at some point or another, so it's not like it's going to prevent anyone from seeing what your hair looks like besides random passerby. Once someone knows what your hair looks like THAT'S IT, unless they have really severe issues they're not going to have growing hatred for you every second they can see your hair. What the heck sort of guy friend cares if his friend is going bald? Even the shallow dicks should be happy, cause this way they can have their own hair look better in comparison to that of their friend.

I can say with complete honesty I never even noticed a receding hairline or cared about baldness on anyone until I noticed it on myself, and now I only notice for purposes of comparison. :p

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exactly. For me it was "with hair" or "bald". No black or white. I´ve never ever took a second look to anyone´s hair until I started balding myself, and then, like you, for comparison reasons.

CCS

Reaction score
barnabas said
"If he doesn't turn into an insecure twit about it, the odds of it impacting the relationship are not particularly good unless he really looks like a mutant when BALD (like, he gets to NW5+ and/or shaves his head to get it over with)"

Yet I've read other posts that say women don't mind balding so much as long as their boyfriend shaves it instead of pretending like the balding is not there.

Catch 22, unless you can know which your girlfriend prefers.

Do you think if a guy asks is girlfriend if he should shave his head because of the balding, she will say he is insecure?

Barnabas probably knows the answer to this.

I'm worried if you shave it, she might say it looks bad and it was your choice to shave it so you must be insecure, and if you don't shave it she will say it looks bad and it is your choice not to shave it, and if you give a verbal defense she will say you are getting too much into it and therefore are insecure. But if that does come up, that means you should dump her instead of being dumped since she is shallow. Problem solved.

G

hey however the one friend i thought i lost, i didnt loose. he is still my friend. it was just someone else who was at the phone when i called him. some stupid other friend of him, who is on drugs. so cool, he is still my friend and the other one i think too.

the third friend is anyway an a**h** and so i canceled the friendship. so no problems at all anymore :).

CCS

Reaction score
good to hear that, helpme007. now if i can just get my sister to contact all her old friends from 5 years ago...