I want (need) a hair transplant

lionheart

Reaction score
I'm 24, nearly 25 in the summer.. I'm currently a norwood 2 or pushing a 3..

I have been using Kirkland Minoxidil for around a year now to try and keep my recede from getting worse and i'd say it's working.. The problem is I've started too late, i've had this recede since i was around 20 year old - using this minoxodil made me grow 1 random hair in the area where im bald, then it fell out haha - it's currently growing back now along with a another hair beside it... I also use Nizoral now and then.. but anyhow

I stated Propecia about 1 month ago now and tbh this extra couple of hairs that have regrown has made me smile but I know 2 or 3 new hairs isn't going to cover my recede, i need thousands and that's like asking for a miracle.

That's why I want a transplant. The only problem is current baldness runs in the family. My older brother has the same and my dad HAD the same but obviously he's older and now at a norwood 4a?

If i was to get a transplant to fill in my gaps. I worry some time down the line, I'll lose more hair like my dad and be left with a disaster..

I really feel like I want and need a transplant for my own sanity. I know it sounds daft and shallow and vain and I know some of you may understand (having signed up to this site) but it causes me such anxiety and depressive thoughts that I need to do something about it

Many thanks :)

g.i joey

Reaction score
IF propecia is working well for you without any sides id say you should go for the hair transplant, but also, you should gauge the maximum benefit you will receive from propecia before thinking about an hair transplant, saves you some time and most likely money.

lionheart

Reaction score
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

thought i'd upload a couple of photos of what hides beneath (the disaster) to try and show the slight one or two regrowths which give me hope haha
the first photo is sorta how my hair is styled daily (fringe forward) but in the photo its wet, luckily i have thick hair and a lot of it i can use product in that gives me a forward messy look and LUCKILY im still young enough to pull it off haha

the second and so on being close ups, in some you can see the new hairs in the sea of baldness and in the last (darker) photo im not sure whats going on there but there seems to be a lot of small white hairs? if im honest i cant say they're that noticeable in person so im not sure if thats just my camera playing tricks or what hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

oh and here's a view from the front

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

IF propecia is working well for you without any sides id say you should go for the hair transplant, but also, you should gauge the maximum benefit you will receive from propecia before thinking about an hair transplant, saves you some time and most likely money.

cheers man, idk if propecia is working just yet.. i'll give it a few month. I've always said in my head that I'd seriously consider a hair transplant at 25 and i have a few month left until im 25 so we'll see

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.11.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.11.png
    419.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.41.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.41.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.51.56.png
    540.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.52.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.52.19.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.53.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 21.53.10.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 235

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm probably in the same boat as you. The only difference is that I've been on finasteride+minoxidil for more than 7 years ever since my male pattern baldness just started. And I maintained a remarkable head of hair for four years or so with no noticeable sign of male pattern baldness at all. But in the recent two years recession re-started.:(
From what I can tell and what I read on threads treatments lose their effects over time, especially minoxidil. finasteride can work well for your crown over a long time but is hardly able to maintain its effectiveness on the hairline (if it has any). So I guess hair transplant on the hairline is somehow risky since you don't know what level you're destined to be. And that's what's keeping me from getting a hair transplant...It really sucks because I have great donor area and usually it doesn't take many FUs to refill temples.

lionheart

Reaction score
I'm probably in the same boat as you. The only difference is that I've been on finasteride+minoxidil for more than 7 years ever since my male pattern baldness just started. And I maintained a remarkable head of hair for four years or so with no noticeable sign of male pattern baldness at all. But in the recent two years recession re-started.:(
From what I can tell and what I read on threads treatments lose their effects over time, especially minoxidil. finasteride can work well for your crown over a long time but is hardly able to maintain its effectiveness on the hairline (if it has any). So I guess hair transplant on the hairline is somehow risky since you don't know what level you're destined to be. And that's what's keeping me from getting a hair transplant...It really sucks because I have great donor area and usually it doesn't take many FUs to refill temples.

i guess the only thing to do in our case is to keep topping up the transplant as and when it recedes more... which would be very costly :(