I Want To Know If I Have Thinning Hair!

Bayani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good day!

I'm 17 years old and this past few months i started to notice that I'm losing hair more than usual. At first, I'm didn't bother my hair loss because according to my research we lose 50-100 strands of hair a day. But when i shampoo my hair, i saw lots of hair fall ranging from 10-30 strands of hair. Then, everytime i comb my hair(wet and dry) i saw strands of hair at my shirt around 1-5 strands(shoulder area) and everytime i check my pillow i saw lots of hair again! Ranging from 1-10. Though my hairline is not receding, the vertex part is visibly thin and it's freaking me out. Also, i noticed that the strands of my hair is thinning like from thick to thin. Does castor oil really helps on thickening your hair? And regrowth?i Give me some tips and please answer my question.

P.S i had dyed my hair thrice (once every two weeks i guess) before i noticed my hair loss

photos below

14248986_1201557239906829_27493705_n.jpg

14218316_1201557323240154_1698907605_n.jpg

14249229_1201557343240152_782844871_n.jpg

Last edited:

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
How can we possibly tell without pictures ? You would know if your hair is thinning better than strangers on an Internet forum who have never seen you before. Especially with no pictures.

Bayani

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can we possibly tell without pictures ? You would know if your hair is thinning better than strangers on an Internet forum who have never seen you before. Especially with no pictures.

sir, i already uploaded photos.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Grab a bunch of hair near the roots with your hand. Do it on top (front, mid section and vertex) then do the same on the back and sides. If it feels thicker in the back and sides then yes you are thinning and it is Male Pattern Baldness. Judging by the pictures I would say.... Probably, but you caught it plenty early for effective treatment providing you can take the meds and don't have a super aggressive case.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
sir, i already uploaded photos.
Sir, when I wrote that response you had no pictures, and your first reply to me was apologizing and saying you'll add them.

But ANYWAYS, it does unfortunately look like you have thinning hair. Welcome to the club. You caught it in great time though, so start treatment ASAP!

Bayani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Grab a bunch of hair near the roots with your hand. Do it on top (front, mid section and vertex) then do the same on the back and sides. If it feels thicker in the back and sides then yes you are thinning and it is Male Pattern Baldness. Judging by the pictures I would say.... Probably, but you caught it plenty early for effective treatment providing you can take the meds and don't have a super aggressive case.

My hair from the top and the back feels the same while the sides feels a little bit thinner. What should i do then?

Bayani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sir, when I wrote that response you had no pictures, and your first reply to me was apologizing and saying you'll add them.

But ANYWAYS, it does unfortunately look like you have thinning hair. Welcome to the club. You caught it in great time though, so start treatment ASAP!

What should i do then? I really don't know what to do

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair from the top and the back feels the same while the sides feels a little bit thinner. What should i do then?
It's a good sign I would say if the back and top feel the same. Your hairline does look like its thinning though.

Bayani

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a good sign I would say if the back and top feel the same. Your hairline does look like its thinning though.

I know, what should i do then? I've been losing hair for months now and i don't know what to do

shookwun

Reaction score
no