Ian Curtis's story - (Just 18, Norwood 2, taking finasteride)

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi every1. Ive been losing my hair for several months now but i only had noticed like 3 months ago and i was at norwood scale 2, i started taking finasteride 5 mg and Ive been taking it daily for almost 3 months.Im not sure if my hair is falling more slowly but after some weeks of use i noticed little hairs right in front of my scalp line and thought it was really growing back.
2 months after that i think my hairline receded a bit but those little hair are still there and spreading and im not sure if the hair is really growing back or if my actual hair really is thinning into those little hairs(lol).
Im asking advice for those who know more about this and it would be really helpful if someone told me a good combination to use now (Im just 18 i dont wanna lose my hair so soon, I mean if i was like 35 i wouldnt really mind).Should I take anything more than finasteride?
Thanks in advance for the advice:)

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: Just 18, Norwood 2, taking finasteride(Proscar)

you take a whole 5mg of finasteride a day or you split them into quarters/fifths? 1mg is the daily dose

if you really wanna use a combo then get

nizoral 2% shampoo and use 2-3 times a week
rogaine foam -1ml x 2 daily
1mg finasteride (which i suspect youre already on despite you saying 5mg)

these are known as the big three and are the core regimen of most users

you may experience a temporary shed from the rogaine foam but ride it out and use all three products religiously for at least a year then reassess

good luck :)

ps.are you the real ian curtis? :woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

finasteride regrows a little bit of my hair on the hairline, but it does thicken up the exisiting hair quite a bit.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes, I do take the whole 5mg a day of finasteride just before going to sleep.
What worries me is washing the hair, i lose like 30 or 40 hair just shampooing and some other cleaning and my hair gets unusually greasy especially on my forehead scalp line so if I wash more I will lose more.Ill start using Nizoral like once or twice a week but Im afraid of using rogaine because you lose that initial hair despite of ppl saying that it will grow back some more.I've been reading quiet a lot about this and some of the rogaine side effects concern me(glad I dont experience finasteride side effects :whistle: ).Thanks for the advice.
ps:I dont think Ian Curtis had male pattern baldness, he should have waited and seen :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score

dude taking 5 times the recommanded dose is an overkill, it won't do you any good.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
dude taking 5 times the recommanded dose is an overkill, it won't do you any good.

i concur...........save your money and quarter it

RaginDemon

Reaction score

pill cutter is your best friend :D