I'd like some advice about Retin-A / tretinoin

Hoppi

Reaction score
Erm, I was wondering if there is anywhere to get a liquid solution as opposed to a gel or cream? Or is there a reason why liquid would be ineffective? It's just it would be so good to just soak the top of my head in it lol - I think that would work really well along with the collagen supplements I'm taking.

Also, whether I get the gel, cream or a liquid, I was also wondering what concentration is best? I can see 0.025 (the Retin-A concentration), 0.05 and 0.1. I would imagine 0.1 is too strong, but what about the other 2?

Thanks much peoples :)

Hoppipollaaaa!

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee sells the liquid. I bought mine from him.

I suggest you take it easy at first.

What collagen pills are you using? Where did you buy?

Hoppi

Reaction score
ah fantastic, good call. I am still learning though.. what IS the difference between tretinoin and retinoic acid? Are they the same thing?

Currently I am taking standard hydrolized collagen which I got from town, they seem alright. Hyaluronic acid arrives in the next couple of days. I am also considering grape seed extract.

Topically, I may use tretinoin and possibly vitamin C serum, as that is also supposed to be good for encouraging healthy collagen (and can be bought in liquid form I think).

I know it's a little bit overboard, but I just really want to see if this works, you know? Plus, all these things are healthy and constructive even when all used together, so it won't do me any harm I don't think.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Same thing.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Retin a liquid is not avaliable any more any where.
The drug in Retin a is (tretinoin) and it cant be found any more even at dr lees web site .Dr lee uses a differnt type and not tretion product.
There is no liquid tretinoin anywhere.You have tou use the gel or cream now.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I also would really like to know more about retin a...

Things like, how long does it take to "work" if it will?

Can it cause shedding?

Jacob

Reaction score
http://truthinaging.com/eyes/a-month-of-tretinoin-vitamin-a

He, skimming though four pages of a questionnaire that I had filled out upon coming in to his office said “stop using the Tretinoin, it’s toxicâ€￾. There was not only disapproval in his voice as he told me what Retinoids do, but disgust in his face too. He explained that Tretinoin changes the molecular structure and normal functioning of skin cells and oil glands. Eyes and tear ducts are a part of the network of cells and glands in the face. His diagnosis was that I was having a toxic allergic reaction to the Tretinoin (Retinoic Acid or Tretinoin is the active ingredient in Renova and Retin-A) cream I’d been using for the past four weeks.

http://www.annals.org/content/124/2/227.full

Just in case.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
:thumbdown2: Seriously??????????????????????????????????????

Jacob

Reaction score
Seriously. Obviously it's rare..but it happens.

On the Doctor's claims on what it does to skin etc... :dunno:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dammit. Do you think it's worth using still? I might just use it for my acne now.

Eh...all these drugs and crap need to get an end.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score