If I stop MSM will it hurt me?

barryegan

Reaction score
I know that stopping finasteride, Minoxidil, etc... will cause you too lose your results. But if I get on MSM to speed up growth and thicken but then get off a few months later will my hair unthicken if the MSM caused it to thicken? The reason I ask is because I hear it grows body hair and I already have way too much so I dont want to look like a gorilla, but I would like to speed up hair growth while on treatments. So what do you think the effects would be of discontinuing MSM use?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
barryegan said:
I know that stopping finasteride, Minoxidil, etc... will cause you too lose your results. But if I get on MSM to speed up growth and thicken but then get off a few months later will my hair unthicken if the MSM caused it to thicken? The reason I ask is because I hear it grows body hair and I already have way too much so I dont want to look like a gorilla, but I would like to speed up hair growth while on treatments. So what do you think the effects would be of discontinuing MSM use?

MSM doesnt really thicken your hair....it just make it grow at a faster rate.

and if it did thicken your hair (biotin can do this) yes, after you stopped it would go back to baseline.

G

i've been taking 6000 mg of msm a day for a week now. i'll use it for 3 months i think and then stop it. i'll let you know what happens.

IBM

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i've been taking 6000 mg of msm a day for a week now. i'll use it for 3 months i think and then stop it. i'll let you know what happens.

How much you paid for it?

G

IBM said:
JayMan said:

How much you paid for it?

I think I got 150 1500 mg tablets for $17 from Sams Club iirc.

CCS

Reaction score
good price. I get 30 or 60 1000mg tablets for $3 at my grocery store. Kroger brand. I don't take that much, though. I just take 1000mg per day for my joints, and split it in two for the morning and night. I also take glucosamine and chondroitin.