If just for density, hair transplant outside of North America -S. Africa?

african

Reaction score
I'm American, but I've been living abroad for several years and now I want to get hair transplant sometime in the next 6 months if possible. I'd just come back to North America, but I'm a contractor so I have zero vacation/sick leave. I emailed a few of the NA doctors mentioned on this board to see if anyone had any openings during the Xmas holidays, but no luck.

At the moment I'm living in South Africa where there are plenty of rich people so I would assume that plenty of people would be getting hair transplant here. (I know most people on the forum recommend only NA doctors).

I've only found two doctors/websites for South Africa--one that's pretty lame and one that at least has a good website. Does anyone know of any others?

http://www.hairrestoration.co.za/index.html - Doctor Catherine Davies Anyone every heard of her? She says she studied hair transplant (FUE) in Greece (I've never seen anyone post about Greek doctors either). She says she's done 250 proceedures in total--100 in the last 12 months.

I have the hairline of a NW2 with density of a NW2a/3a (I'm sure you think I shouldn't even bother with hair transplant). The very front middle of my hairline is still intact and my temples are annoyingly high, but not as annoying as the lack of density in the front.

Mostly I'm worried about losing current hairs in the recipient area and pitting (circular plug-like scars that can be seen where the follicle has been inserted), which are problems with hair transplant described on Wikipedia. If that sort of stuff is common, it's probably more common with less experienced doctors.

I was thinking that I could either:

1) Get hair transplant in South Africa only behind my current hairline to increase density.
2) Get hair transplant in South Africa to increase density and bring my temples a little lower, but not to the point of my original hairline in case I'm not happy with the results.
3) Maybe try to get hair transplant in Argentina during the Xmas holidays by the best-known doctor there.

Any advice/opinions?