If you are considering PRP. My experience...

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Had Prp done with Dr. Greco, cost $800 no pain no downtime but have to wear a hat the rest of the day. Next day wash off no problems at all. I had crazy, literally crazy regrowth and thickening. Lasted about three months then began to dissipate, why I don't know have my own conclusions but they don't matter and he does have some patients that will do it every 3 or 4 months but its pricey...

I then went to a Miami dr. for prp and cost $800 as well. Some modest thickening but nothing like Greco.

The thing that Greco harps on is his ECM or extra cellular matrix. It's essentially scaffolding that holds the prp in place and allows the growth factors and stem cells to recruit to the area and repair damaged hair cells. I could not find a dr in south florida that was offering prp with ecm and just went anyways. This is just my personal experience with two prp sessions but I would insist that your dr use a ECM. Acell is an example and Dr. Greco uses his own proprietary ecm.

Just my two cents

hdude46

Reaction score
So how long has it been since you had the treatment and where would you say you hair wise compared to the start of treatment?

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I did it with dr Greco, I'm a Norwood 1 but have been aggressively fighting male pattern baldness for the last 15 years. Did it take me from a 1 to a zero, probably not but it just provided incredible density and a bunch of new hairs that proliferated. Most of the new growth was in my current hairline I had some minor new growth inside the hair line as well. Look this is totally my experience some people don't respond as well and I personally believe that the extra cellular matrix is an absolute necessity and it's quite frankly hard to find many physicians that offer it. I'm in Florida and the only one I could find is Greco in Tampa, all of south Florida I could not fond one using ECM with prp....

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the input. But just for the record there is no such thing as a NW0. NW1 is recognized as a normal head of healthy hair. Some say they are NW1.5 when they have lost a little hairline(like a little recession).

How can you be sure latisse gave you "crazy regrowth" when you are getting these treatments done?

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Got ya on the Norwood thing. What I've found with bimat is it grows what hairs I've had so prp was done with Greco first 6 months ago, really good results with ECM. Then did prp again without Greco or ECM minor regrowth.then began bimat and I just noticed the diff within two weeks or so. The hairs darken a bit their fuller thicker longer and I believe they helped the little growth I got from prp the second time. Look even Greco claims theirs a 9 to 11 month bell curve that a prp tx should last but he also has pts that are going every 3 months....idk man its about 800 and kind of hit or miss it seems, maybe it's better to try RU, bimat or 17ap in the meantime and spend 800 or so to get months of treatment out of it instead of prp. Idk just depends on the person....

hdude46

Reaction score
Cody,

So after 3 months, how long did it take for you to level off back to baseline to when you started the treatment? Also, do you know anyone else or talk to dr greco about others and their results? thanks

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Cody1212 said:
Got ya on the Norwood thing. What I've found with bimat is it grows what hairs I've had so prp was done with Greco first 6 months ago, really good results with ECM. Then did prp again without Greco or ECM minor regrowth.then began bimat and I just noticed the diff within two weeks or so. The hairs darken a bit their fuller thicker longer and I believe they helped the little growth I got from prp the second time. Look even Greco claims theirs a 9 to 11 month bell curve that a prp tx should last but he also has pts that are going every 3 months....idk man its about 800 and kind of hit or miss it seems, maybe it's better to try RU, bimat or 17ap in the meantime and spend 800 or so to get months of treatment out of it instead of prp. Idk just depends on the person....

Do you use anything else like finasteride etc?