If you had Telogen Effluvium, what would finasteride most likely do to you?

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, if you happened to have Telogen Effluvium, and did'nt know.. and started taking finasteride on others advice without a "proper diagnosis", what would it do to your hair?

What if they started taking finasteride, and were using nizoral while they had Telogen Effluvium?

I've recently started having talks about hair loss w/ my other forum goons, and we have some very involved discussions concerning this.

thoughts? opnions? It got quite good in the other discussion, should be better here. :D

The Gardener

Reaction score
To my understanding, Telogen Effluvium is not related to the DHT process so taking finasteride would do nothing.

Bone Daddy said:
if you happened to have Telogen Effluvium, and did'nt know

From my knowledge of Telogen Effluvium, if you had Telogen Effluvium, you would KNOW you have Telogen Effluvium.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
apparently, you get Telogen Effluvium from a traumatic experience, or a very stressful experience. Of course, thats a very broad definition. But, ask alot of people suffering, or have suffered, from Telogen Effluvium, and they can cite such an experience.
Have you talked to a dermatologist? I did, and he's going to run some tests on a day's worth of my hair. I would like my situation to be Telogen Effluvium, but from the fact that i havent experienced any specific incident (trigger), i dont think i am so lucky. Plus, i noticed my hair loss almost a year ago, and it hasn't grown back. So, those are other factors to consider, i think.

But who knows, you may be lucky man.
BTW bone daddy, i noticed in a different post you mentioned you were going to try toppik. Have you got it yet? if so, how does it work for you?