iFunny's Story

iFunny

Reaction score
Been reading up a lot in this forum lately, finally got myself started with this regime in fighting Hairloss. I am happy with just maintaining what I have in fact. My dad's family line are bald people anyways.

I am 28 and think that I am not ready yet to be bald so I have gotten an advice from doctor to try out Avodart. Anyone taking this? if you do, appreciate any comments on this. thank you in advance.

Will post my pic soon. pretty bad bald head. haha...;) cheers guys.

*Add on*
Oct2013.jpg

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Avodart? You mean dutasteride? I've never heard of doctors prescribing this, it hasn't yet been approved by the FDA for hairloss, trials are still ongoing... That being said, it is supposedly even more effective that finasteride, if your doctor is prescribing this then that's very interesting.... You've let it get quite far , but with avodart and daily rogaine, you might be able to grow back a significant amount of hair, then use nanogen or toppik to thicken out the appearance. Good luck

iFunny

Reaction score
Halo there. Thanks for the respond. Yep I'm taking dutasteride. Merely a week now. I have heard of the possible sides. for that, I will do personal monitoring. So far none. I'm giving it a try for 2months.

I am on minoxidil for almost a month now. My hair state has worsen. More hair loss since. Could be the shedding phase...

iFunny

Reaction score
Nov update. Horrible hair loss since I started minoxidil and dutasteride. I am not sure whether I have been fooling myself that this is just the so-called 'shedding' but if the hair loss rate continues like this, I am sure I am gonna be bald by December for X'mas :santa:

Nov.jpg

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are likely going through a shedding phase. If you can ride it out, it could turn out to be a good thing and could be an indication you'll respond well.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
After one month? It's WAY to early to be noticing any regrowth, I would expect you to be shedding now, yes, this is normal. Most people don't start noticing regrowth until about the third month as far as I'm aware. Like badgenetics said, ride it out for 6 months and then decide, a shed can be a good sign that you are a responder. Keep a photographic record for comparison sake. Is your hairline intact? Because that's the hardest part to regrow. In the mean time my advice is either cut your hair really short, because the monk look is not a good one, or start using some nanogen, cabooki or toppik. Don't expect to regrow all your hair, but if you respond well, you may regrow your hair to the point where it looks cosmetically good.

MrNobody

Reaction score
Hey man,

what the other dudes said :)

Making photos is indeed a very good way to track progress AND stay sane and the same time. It's amazing how much different you think you look depending on the mood you're in. I highly recommend taking photos ( every two weeks/ every month or so, not much point in more frequent skull staring haha)

Best of luck !

iFunny

Reaction score
December Update:
Dec2013.jpg

Hair falls are those tiny thing hairs which I found puzzling. Added Nizoral Shampoo to my regime. Spoken to my family Doctor and he advised to continue for another 2 months to observe because apparently the medication has some effects, meaning I lose more hair.

Anyways, thanks y'all for the comments and advice. I'd be back again next month. Hopefully a new year, a slightly better looking hair? :hairy:

Cheers

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair seems a better than your november update, or that could be due to the picture.

Has the shedding changed since then?

iFunny

Reaction score
I'm not too sure of it either. I mean it could be due to the hair length. I kept my hair short in November. So probably that's why it seems slightly better. we will see the outcome next month.

The hairfalls greatly reduced. currently hair loss are those short thin hairs. Anyone had similar effect?

I am prepared to shave it all off for Xmas. Gonna try the buzz cut.

iFunny

Reaction score
4 months with Avodart with almost a devastating effect. Have I lose more as compared to previous picture? GOSH!

Feb2014
Feb2014.jpg

kadir657

Reaction score
it looks like you're maintaining what you've got. But keep going on it's just been 4 months. You can start judging the effectiveness from the 6th month or so.