Ihatemygenes13's Story - (thinning since 17)

Ihatemygenes13

Reaction score
Hey all just wanting to share my story and get some feedback. I have been thinning since i was 17 i am 18 now going to be 19 in april. I have thin hair strands as well so that sucks too. I started noticing it the summer going into my senior year and when i did i shaved my head down to a 1 and then I shaved my head my whole senior year with a razor. I would shave every 3 days or so so you could see stubble. People couldnt tell i was losing my hair because i still have a full hair line and no spots where there is considerably less hair. I have just lost alot of my density and if i grow my hair you can see my scalp in certain lighting. I know where it comes from my mom has very thin hair and her brother has the full horseshoe her mom has thin hair also. So more likely then not its the beggining stages of male pattern baldness. I have no problem shaving my head because it suits me and looks good on me but i would much rather have hair obviously. So my question is should i get on finasteride or minoxidil or something of the sort. Im currently using the NuHair system for men and the syrum and also a bosley shampoo. I know neither of those encourage any new growth really so what should I get on to preserve what i have left and maybe gain back a little density? Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 162

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: thinning since 17

It looks like you have pretty severe diffuse thinning, especially taking into account your young age. Chances are, if you do nothing, you will reach the undesired horseshoe pattern in 3-4 years.. The lighting in your photos and angle may be exaggerating your loss, but it is pretty apparent you have diffuse thinning, even though your hairline itself shows little recession.

Most people here will tell you to go on the Big 3, which is Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral, and the rest will say shave your head and don't worry about it. It's really up to you; I would say there is a small chance you could regain a lot of density, and if you have the money to spend on the treatements, it's always worth a try.. But again, you may only see limited success taking into account how aggressive it is at your age. There is a good chance finasteride will allow you to hold onto what you have for the next 5-10 years, so it may be worth a shot!