I'm 25, less $10k to spend, and want a transplant in Toronto

mark25

Reaction score
Quick story: Been losing my hair for many, many years...and I'm 25 right now and between a bad Norwood III to a Norwood IV, and after trying everything from Rogaine, to Propecia, to even the Laser Comb I've realized it is what it is and nothing other than a transplant will help.

The only other option is a hairpiece, but with the amount of maintenance and having to constantly worry about it on my head I realize I might as well go down the transplant route.

So my question: I live in Toronto, can somebody recommend to me the best doctor who can help me, at least for now, give me a great transplant for under $10k? I don't have a lot of money, but I'm not completely bald either. I'd really love to hear some advice from someone who's been there/done that, even better if you've got one from someone in Toronto or nearby.

Thanks again, and I REALLY appreciate all your help guys! This process is very stressful and your help means so much!

mark25

Reaction score
Thank you so much dudemon.

I've heard the name Dr. Rahal a lot, I'm afraid whether or not he's too expensive? How much would it cost for me to do it? I'm about a Norwood 3V, and I'm 25 with not a lot of money, would I be able to afford anything for under $10k? Is it just best to get a consultation? I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure.

Also, with his offices in Toronto and Ottawa, I'm just confused, who does the operations? I mean if I did the operation in Toronto instead of Ottawa, would it be by Dr. Rahal or other doctors trained by him?

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Rahal is one of the best surgeons in the world and he's in Toronto I believe. Schedule an appointment for a consultation and see what he tells you.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive had quotes from rahal and they are actually pretty cheap. When you consider he is one of the worlds best as well he is an absolute bargain