I'm 28 - Is my hairline receding? (Pictures)

Razor's Edge

Reaction score
I'm 28, and 29 in September. I first noticed my hairline in my mid 20s. Not sure where my hairline was before, as I had medium or long length hair for most of my life before that, and therefore, was not something I really paid attention to. Also, for the same reason, I cannot really look at old photos, and determine where my hairline was at when I was younger.

As for my family history, my maternal grandfather is partially bald at 74, and looking at old photos, it looks like his hairline may have begin to recede by his 50s, if not sooner. He was definitely balding in the crown area by his 60s, if not sooner. His older brother is bald. My father's hairline looks as if may have begin to recede by mid 40s, if not sooner, but I am not sure. I know my paternal grandfather still had hair as of his late 70s, but I am not sure whether or not it was receding/balding, as he always had a hat. Cannot speak for my uncles, or male cousins.

Otherwise, I am not really interested in treatment if my hairline is receding or balding. I rather just accept and own it. Granted, I am not sure if I can pull off the buzz or bald look. Rather, I just to know if my hairline is receding, or if I am just being paranoid, or something.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 269

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
There's some pretty substantial recession there. I'm getting to that point too.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's the dreaded receding. Sorry mate. Do you have any other pictures, from maybe a couple of years ago?