i'm a 21 year old female

justhair

Reaction score
and my hair is very thin.

to begin, my hair has been very thin since i was little. i look at pictures of myself and 6 years old and i see a nice pink strip of scalp running right down the middle of my head. my worries about my thin hair began in my junior year of high school, where "friends" informed me of how thin my hair is. however, i was losing quite a lot of my little bit of hair when i first began puberty. i saw a derm. at this time and was happy to be informed that my hair would grow back. i didn't worry about it since, until high school, of course.

i recently saw a doctor about a blood test and the results came back with my iron at 40.
i've read that iron needs to be at 70 or higher to sustain hair growth.

my hair is the same density and thinness all over.

i'm losing hair, but not a lot of it. and every now and then i lose short, thin hairs and short normal hairs. about an inch or so long. what confuses me is that i lose these hairs, but all over my head are baby hairs. some of them are thicker, some of them are fine, but pigmented. at my hairline, little hairs are sprouting. again; some of them thick, some of them thin. i've watched these new hairs grow in for some time now, and they all get pretty long.

my diet has gotten better and better. i eat fruits and veggies every day, and i drink at least two cups of mint tea a day, as i love tea and i heard that spearmint/peppermint reduces dht.

there is no history of female baldness in my family. however, my great grandfather on my father's side went bald and my father has a bald spot on the back of his head, but he still has hair. my grandmother and my aunt have thin hair, but their hair doesn't look as bad as mine does to me. i don't know if women can inherit baldness from men or not.

i guess i should also mention that i have been dealing with constant stress/anxiety since i could remember. even as a child i was afraid of everything. i've heard how stress can alter the body, and i've since been experimenting with different forms of stress relief.

some days are better than others. i can look at myself in the mirror with confidence! other days are horrible, like today, and they seem to last forever.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the men's forums you should post it in the women's one.....But let me give you a heads up you are in DENIAL PHASE.....
Dont worry its common coz we don't want to believe we have Androgenetic Alopecia and try all sorts of remedies that at the max can only nourish our hair .....
Anyways try nizoral 1 or 2% about thrice a week for 2-3 months and inquire for any oral meds like spironolactone or something in the WOMENS forum.....And as for oiling methods i would say to get on coconut or almond oil coz they are good for nourishing your HAIR not the scalp and continue it for 6 months.....Hope you get out of the denial phase soon:)

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
heralopecia is where you should post your query. Its a forum only for women :)

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
know one here will know much about women's hairloss. See a dermatologist or a doctor, or a women's hairloss forums