I'm A Dumbass...can I Recover From This?

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for about a year, for some f*****g stupid reason I stopped it...I have a pretty severe case of OCD, so my mind was totally occupied by something else and I stopped, thinking I would get back on at some point.

I would look at the pictures of amazing recoveries and think maybe I would be one of those amazing responders, and I figured I could always just get a hair transplant. Which I guess is true. But yeah.

Here's my situation now. I guess I'm like NW4?

https://imgur.com/a/VvYj63I

Can the big 3 help? Think I should probably just buzz it down.

I'm 25. Younger guys, take me as an example...get on finasteride and f*****g STAY ON IT. I mean, unless you start developing tits or ED.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take finasteride even with ED. I want to keep my hair badly and I know I can stop finasteride and my dick goes back to normal after a week.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I was on finasteride for about a year, for some f*****g stupid reason I stopped it...I have a pretty severe case of OCD, so my mind was totally occupied by something else and I stopped, thinking I would get back on at some point.

I would look at the pictures of amazing recoveries and think maybe I would be one of those amazing responders, and I figured I could always just get a hair transplant. Which I guess is true. But yeah.

Here's my situation now. I guess I'm like NW4?

https://imgur.com/a/VvYj63I

Can the big 3 help? Think I should probably just buzz it down.

I'm 25. Younger guys, take me as an example...get on finasteride and f*****g STAY ON IT. I mean, unless you start developing tits or ED.
You lost a lot of hair since I remember you. Too bad you didn't stick with it when you first came on here. I don't think you can reverse it now but you can save what you have and then get a hair transplant.

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah...oh well. I will definitely try finasteride min and nizoral and see where I'm at in a year or whatever. But my plan was always to get a hair transplant anyway, so hopefully that's a possibility.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yeah...oh well. I will definitely try finasteride min and nizoral and see where I'm at in a year or whatever. But my plan was always to get a hair transplant anyway, so hopefully that's a possibility.
You are heading for a NW6 so you are going to have to go with a doctor like Erdogan who does large cases like yours.

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ride-results-7-mo-treatment-pics.44087/page-7

I think you'll find that thread interesting

Dermarolling with 1.5 mm needles and minoxidil can be an answer for your case.

If you restarted finasteride i think thats the best regimen.

Yeah, I always hoped I could have amazing results like this. Guess the only thing I can do is try. Might as well add dermarolling in, though I always thought that was kind of a negligible treatment? Is it actually proven to do something?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I always hoped I could have amazing results like this. Guess the only thing I can do is try. Might as well add dermarolling in, though I always thought that was kind of a negligible treatment? Is it actually proven to do something?

Yes its proven to work.

There are at least 2 recent studies backing dermarolling and minoxidil together.

I will try to find them.

Im doing 2 sessions per week and apply minoxidil right after and its working great, im also using avodart since 2013.

Diffuse thinners like you respond pretty damn well to dermarolling

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
I should probably get on dutasteride, don't know how to get it though. Hair transplant doctor? Be hard to find a derm to give me a prescription for that I think...

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my country they sell it without prescription.

Maybe you could order it online, dont really know if thats safe though

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Argentina. Regulations are not our strength lol.

About side effects, brain fog for sure.

Never had the infamous sexual side effects.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29028377/

Thats a new study.

They used an electric dermastamp with different needle depth (Up to 2mm i guess).

They found that using minoxidil right after dermastamping was significantly superior to minoxidil or microneedling alone.

Here is a pic from the study

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited: